Problem with val_r_hole_cards_used?

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Problem with val_r_hole_cards_used?

Postby Stally » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:08 pm

I can see cash_hand_player_combinations.val_r_hole_cards_used returns 0 when the board contains 2 pair, but your hand makes a better 2 pair.

e.g. Hand J7, board 88J 6 6 returns 0. Should it return 1, or am I not understanding it properly? (As a sidenote, I see that any kickers a player has are never included in val_r_hole_cards_used either, which seems counter-intuitive to me, but I guess that's the was it was intended.)

[edit:This is not true if the turn is double paired, but the river improves the hand. e.g. A5 on 844 8 A. In this case, it returns 1.]

So is there a way I can show that a player improves their hand by making a better two pair in the above example? id_r_hand_strength = 0 in this situation, which also seems wrong, but only because there are no definitions for id_x_hand_strength that let you have a better two pair when one exists on the board. I am at a loss for how I can represent this in my column.

Thanks.

[second edit: I am seeing it apparently randomly be 0 or 1. Example hands:
1 on Q9: JQJ K K
1 on A7: A49 49
1 on J3: J25 5 2
0 on J7: 88J 6 6
0 on AT: TQ9 9 Q
0 on 95: 757 3 3
(and also 2 on 77 345 54)]
Stally

Re: Problem with val_r_hole_cards_used?

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:43 am

There were some changes made to fix some errors in the "hole cards used" database fields in the last release of PT4 (4.10.6). These values are set during imports though, so to correct the values you'll need to import the hands again - the quickest way is to create a new database and import the hands there. I would suggest that you try a few of the hands that you know are wrong in your main database first to confirm the values in the new import. If you find any errors there please attach the hand histories to a Support Ticket so that we can get them sorted out.
WhiteRider

Re: Problem with val_r_hole_cards_used?

Postby Stally » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Oh brilliant! That solves it. :-)
Stally

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]