Poker ACE HUD advice..... ????

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

Poker ACE HUD advice..... ????

Postby Truck T » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:01 pm

I have posted on this forum with a few issues from my last computer with poker ace hud on pt2....

I have since got a new computer, which is much upgraded for memory, ram etc etc.. which i thought in the end was wrong with my old computer..

Ever since i got it mid way through October, i installed PT2 with PA HUD, and the computer etc has been totally fine....

Though within the last week im starting to see old patterns devoloping? The fan on the computer starts to load a lot, some webpages say (not responding) with a small circle loading up with me unable to click anything....

Now this only happens when im playing poker and pt2 and hud are on.. (i play 8-10 tables usually), now the tables are starting to slow down gradually like what happened on last comp. Hands can lag when i put the chips in etc...

Now ive got all security fitted, as i paid a lot for this as i didnt want a repeat of before. But surely the same cannot be happening???

Many many people i know use pt2 and hud without problems, and it cant be related to the computer or internet as both are perfect...

I have compacted the database as requested, and dont get me wrong this isnt a big problem as YET... But i can see signs of the same before...

Is it something to do with the data gathered by hud etc? should i delete all old hand histories? Can i delete the data stored on players to start a fresh?

Anything i can do without a repeat of what happened on the last computer would be great?

Anyone got any ideas why this type of thing could be happening?? any help would be amazing....

it gets me very worked up, and ive been doing v.well since i got new comp on poker, and really dont want any techinal issues again, hence my message getting in early..

thanks again

Ross
Truck T

Re: Poker ACE HUD advice..... ????

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:42 am

I have never heard of PT2 or PAHUD causing these sorts of problems. Are you using an Access database or a PostgreSQL database for PT2?
kraada

Postby Truck T » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:31 pm

how could i check this please kraada please and ill let u know?
Truck T

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:07 pm

File > Maintain Database Names.
WhiteRider

Postby Truck T » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:29 pm

its an access mate..

is that good or bad? or just standard?

cheers for help..
Truck T

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 pm

PT2 and PAHud will cause some pretty constant disk access while you are playing - especially for multiple tables, but this shouldn't cause any major problems.

Do you use the cache in PAHud?
If not, you should try it, this will speed things up a lot (and hence put less strain on your computer), especially if you have a lot of, or very large, databases.
Options -> Preferences -> Databases.
Please note when you first build the cache it can take a long time, so run it overnight or something.
WhiteRider

Postby Truck T » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:58 pm

WhiteRider wrote:PT2 and PAHud will cause some pretty constant disk access while you are playing - especially for multiple tables, but this shouldn't cause any major problems.

Do you use the cache in PAHud?
If not, you should try it, this will speed things up a lot (and hence put less strain on your computer), especially if you have a lot of, or very large, databases.
Options -> Preferences -> Databases.
Please note when you first build the cache it can take a long time, so run it overnight or something.

Yeah this is what i thought, but on my old computer it seemed fine for months then something seemed to clog up and start to stagger etc??
Im hoping that im just being a little bit sensitive in this case.. But I wasnt sure whether there was something i could do to avoid this.... Would deleting old HH'S have any benefit at all or is that nothing?

I will try that cache thing and get back to you... thanks...
Truck T

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Deleting old hand history files makes no difference to PAHud as long as they are not still in the hand history folder which PAHud is reading from, in which case it would have to re-read them all every time which would definitely slow things down a lot.
Once the HH files are away from the original folder PAHud and PT2 don't need or use them any more (although you should keep them as a backup).

You do have PT2 moving processed files, don't you?
Actually, if you're not even running PT2 at the moment then you probably do have a backlog of old HH files - you really need to move them.
This Tutorial - Preventing Duplicates refers to PT3, but the same principal applies to PT2.
WhiteRider

Postby Truck T » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:06 pm

RIGHT GUYS...

It's 100% down to PA HUD... The same is happening as from my last computer and the situation is now starting to get worse...

I can see that after every hand, it is taking longer and you can see that pa hud is thinking as the stats jugger a bit... This must be down to something in the storage, ie: info on other players from past games.. As the more info i have stored on them, the slower things are going.. I know some setting or something simple is wrong on my computer as this doesnt happen to anyone else, and its not a computer/net/software issue as all is fine without pt2 and hud on....

White Rider thanks for advice...

I have looked into the HH issue and i have one file which is the pokerstars file that HUD reads from, then they go into another folder as and when i shut down PT2...

What is the issue with PT2 moving processed files?? Im a little lost on this matter...

I am convinced that the problem is something in regards to when HUD reads the previous stats/files from other games/other players, as it looks like between every hand on every table, it slows down and stalls ever so slightly but has been getting worse the past two weeks.... This problem has only occured since ive gathered more and more data, as for the 1st few month is was very fast....

Im really sorry if im going on and on and driving you guys crazy..ha... But its really frustrating me here as i know it must be something rather simple ....

If you could keep helping id be so grateful guys, otherwise if it continues ill have to buy some other software which i really dont want to do.... thanks again.
Truck T

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:15 am

Did you try using the cache?
That will really help performance as you database gets bigger.

As long as you have PT2 moving hand history files, and they're actually being moved so you don't have a build-up in the folder PAHud is reading from then that is nothing to worry about.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to General