PA HUD issues again.Can anyone help me from this forum plz?

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

PA HUD issues again.Can anyone help me from this forum plz?

Postby Truck T » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Ive had issues with HUD slowing down my computer quite a lot in the past, but I realise an issue where my computer was over heating as id have the laptop on my knee on a pillow. Which was causing the computer to overheat, and when HUD was on it was impossible to work properly.

I have since used a wooden board and for months it has been working well.

But this past week old issues have started again. When I have open my 8-10 tables, its so slow with hud open.
> The cards come down very slow like lagging behind
> The best i put in lag
> The fan on the computer sounds very loud
> When i turn Hud off it works perfectly
> When i get down to 2-3 tables it works perfectly.
> It seems like when everyhand has been it takes ages for HUD to register the information of all the tables at once.
> I have everything else closed on my computer apart from stars/hud/pt2

Now this is affecting my game, its so slow, I dont know what else to do expect use other software unless someone can help me?

I compact the database every night, i have also installed the new hud from april 20th, i dont have any viruses on computer, its a normal fast 6month old acer computer,

So why am i having this issue? Can anyone please help me once and for all or I will have to get some other software. Thanks.
Truck T

Re: PA HUD issues again.Can anyone help me from this forum plz?

Postby kraada » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Are you using the PAHUD database cache? That will speed things up by a very large margin if you're not.

To enable the cache click Options --> PReferences and then click on Databases on the left. Enable Use Database Cache, and you probably want to automatically update cache on startup unless you often import very large numbers of hands between the times you start PAHUD.
kraada

Postby Truck T » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Ive tried to do this, but it just says "unable to update cache. An exception has occurred"
Last edited by Truck T on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truck T

Postby Truck T » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:38 pm

to be honest since ive put that cache thing on it wont even load up.. what a mess this is.
Truck T

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:09 am

Do you have Access or PostgeSQL databases? If you have PostgreSQL, what version is it? The cache won't work with 8.3.
If you have Access or PostgreSQL 8.2 please enable logging, restart PAHud and try to rebuild the cache then send the PAHud.log file via the Support system so that we can troubleshoot the issue.
Tutorial: How to Create a Log File
WhiteRider

Return to General