Statistic regarding bluffs

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Statistic regarding bluffs

Postby Eav1981 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 pm

Is there a way to see how often I bluff on the river and to see how often it works/fails
Eav1981

Re: Statistic regarding bluffs

Postby kraada » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:01 am

If you can define bluff, and define failure more explicitly, then yes, and I'd be happy to help you build the stat.
kraada

Postby Eav1981 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Bluff = Ace high or worse,

Fail/succeed = i make a bet,raise or check raise on river with ace high or worse and i get called = (bluff fails) or opponent folded =(i succeed)

would love to have the stat to show the % of the time the bluff was successfull.

[ (Times bluff was succeesfull/total times bluffed)*100]
Eav1981

Postby kraada » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 am

Create two new columns in the Holdem Hand Player Statistics section:
cnt_r_bluff_att: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_highcard AND lookup_actions_r.action SIMILAR TO '(B%|%R%)', 1, 0])
cnt_r_bluff_suc: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_highcard AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won and NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown), 1, 0])

The former is bluff attempts - you have a high card hand on the river (ie- A high or less), and your actions are either to bet or to raise at some point.
The latter is bluff successes - you have a high card hand on the river, you won the hand, and you did not reach showdown - therefore you must have bet or raised and won the hand.

Then create a statistic putting cnt_r_bluff_suc / cnt_r_bluff_att and multiply by 100 and you're good to go.
kraada

Postby Eav1981 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:38 pm

thank you very much for taking the time to create the statistic for me

the second part of your equation returns an invalid sql error, i copy-pase the following in the the expression column

sum(if[holdem_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_highcard AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won and NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown), 1, 0])

the error seems to be in the line "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won" because when i remove this line the expression become valid. I think its possible that the the expression is supposed to be "holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand"
Eav1981

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:27 am

Yes, you're right - the field is flg_won_hand.
You can always check things like that by clicking the 'insert' link and browsing the available database fields that way (which I guess is how you found that field?).
WhiteRider

Postby Eav1981 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:30 pm

i have ran into another problem, the numbers i am getting are not making much sense, i think the problem is in the following expression

cnt_r_bluff_suc: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_highcard AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand and NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown), 1, 0])

i believe this does not take into consideration that the "play" is made on the river, it "counts" if i have a high card, won the pot, and did not see a showdown, which means im getting a "flag" if i won the pot preflop, on the flop, on the turn and on the river (with a high card).

im not 100% sure how to re-write the formulate to include a check to make sure the play only counts if its made on the river. any help would be greatly apreciated.

thank you
Eav1981

Postby kraada » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:44 am

Oh, good point.

Use this instead:

cnt_r_bluff_suc: sum(if[holdem_hand_player_combinations.flg_r_highcard AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_won_hand and NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_showdown) AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_r_saw, 1, 0])

Adding flg_r_saw means you must have seen the river. But having seen the river and having not gotten to showdown your play must have been made on the river.
kraada

Postby Eav1981 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Thank you very very much, the stat works perfectly.
Eav1981

Postby kraada » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:41 pm

Glad to hear it :)
kraada

Return to Technical Support