Getting fatal error message...Can anyone help

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting fatal error message...Can anyone help

Postby mjleden » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Here is the message I get when starting auto import

": Fatal Exception during Auto-Import process: Unable to execute query: INSERT INTO player VALUES (0, 0, '[Split Pot]', '[Split Pot]', 0, 0, FALSE);; Reason: Fatal Error (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "player_primary"

Please Help
mjleden

Re: Getting fatal error message...Can anyone help

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:27 pm

This is in PT3, yes?
(This is the PAHud section, which is a separate application which only works with PT2).

There are two main reasons for this kind of error. The first is a result of data corruption from a computer crash that requires reindexing your database. You can reindex your database from the PostgreSQL command prompt. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Command prompt. At the prompt that appears, type “reindexdb -a” and hit enter. Be aware that if you have large databases this may take a while, so be patient and wait for it to finish.
(If the re-index doesn't work because you are not logged in as user 'postgres' enter: "reindexdb -U postgres -a").

The second reason for this error is a result of faulty hardware. You can set PostgreSQL to ignore these errors by clicking Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Configuration Files --> Edit postgresql.conf. In the configuration file that appears, go to the bottom of the file and add the text “zero_damaged_pages = on” on a new line and then save and close the file. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Reload Configuration and PostgreSQL will ignore the damaged data. If you continue to have problems with that hard drive, you should consider replacing it.
WhiteRider

Postby mjleden » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:35 pm

I tried to reindex my database however PostSQL asks for a password but wont alow me to type it in cursor just flashes
mjleden

Postby mjleden » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Nevermind got it.

Thanks
mjleden

Postby ey400 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:07 pm

i am getting this same error message a request for password. what is the password? i dont recall entering a password when creating the database
ey400

Postby vicnice » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:42 pm

ey400 wrote:i am getting this same error message a request for password. what is the password? i dont recall entering a password when creating the database

Try "dbpass"
vicnice

Postby ey400 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 pm

vicnice wrote:
ey400 wrote:i am getting this same error message a request for password. what is the password? i dont recall entering a password when creating the database

Try "dbpass"

like the user above, i am unable to even enter a password. the cursor just flashes and doesnt move when i try to type in the password. and when i hit enter, it says the password is wrong. am i doing something wrong?
ey400

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:57 pm

That is a security feature - it won't show what you are typing.
Type carefully and press Enter when you're done.

The default password is dbpass.
If that doesn't work, you can remove the need for PostgreSQL passwords: How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password
WhiteRider

Postby ey400 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:21 pm

thanks for your help guys but i must be retarded or something. I tried the password, it will not work. it says password authentication failed for user.

i used the previous posters suggestion for disabling to password and tried it again and i get: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: role "my name" does not exist.
ey400

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Make sure you aren't forgetting the -U postgres part; that is what tells it to use the postgres user.
kraada

Next

Return to Technical Support