Backup

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Backup

Postby duathlon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm trying to backup my postgreSQL database and I'm following these instructions.

To do the backup (on the old computer):

1. Open the Utilities/PostgreSQL Database Functions window.
2. Click the "Backup" button to create a compressed backup file of the selected PostgreSQL database. If you have more than one database, then you must choose each PostgreSQL database from the dropdown list at the top left corner of the window and perform the backup for EACH database. The backup being done is only for the selected database and NOT for all your databases. So if you have created 3 PostgreSQL databases, you need to perform the backup function 3 times, once for each database.

Under the PokerTracker backup step 2 when I back up is this the correct file: pokertracker backup.backup?
Once I do that and I'm saving the file to move to another computer I assume I choose that file as the one to save?

Thanks
duathlon

Re: Backup

Postby APerfect10 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:54 am

Under the PokerTracker backup step 2 when I back up is this the correct file: pokertracker backup.backup?
Once I do that and I'm saving the file to move to another computer I assume I choose that file as the one to save?

You can save the backup file to any location and name it whatever you choose.

Yes, this would be the file that you would need to copy to another computer then restore in PT2 via the Utilities menu.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support