CEREUS - UB and Absolute merge software

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

Re: CEREUS

Postby hammerHead » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:39 pm

I d/l'ed the newest client for UB for the Cereus network. I have PT2 runnning and I am trying to get PokerAce HUD to work.
I did what others have said about using PT2 Absolute importing, that seems to work, but I'm having trouble getting HUD to work.

In the HUD->Preferences I select UB, and the Hand Histories is fixed at c:\Program Files\PokerAce HUD\Data\UltimateBet\HandHistories, I CAN'T change this directory to point to the same directory as UB puts it's HH files, (c:\Poker Application\UltiamteBet\HandHistories), this is fixed as well, I tried browsing for the directory but it wont allow me to change this directory either.

Any ideas?
hammerHead

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:06 pm

hammerHead wrote:I d/l'ed the newest client for UB for the Cereus network. I have PT2 runnning and I am trying to get PokerAce HUD to work.
I did what others have said about using PT2 Absolute importing, that seems to work, but I'm having trouble getting HUD to work.

In the HUD->Preferences I select UB, and the Hand Histories is fixed at c:\Program Files\PokerAce HUD\Data\UltimateBet\HandHistories, I CAN'T change this directory to point to the same directory as UB puts it's HH files, (c:\Poker Application\UltiamteBet\HandHistories), this is fixed as well, I tried browsing for the directory but it wont allow me to change this directory either.

Any ideas?

I already stated in the previous post that you need to post PAHUD issues on that forum, I don't support that program.
ptrack pat

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:10 pm

coachbcardiff wrote:Pat-still not able to get it working.
1. i am running vista..have ub,pt2,pah all running as an administrator
2. when I open pt2, do I go to options, then choose ub or absolute poker under "auto import had histories..choose your site"?
3. on my "auto import hand histories screen" on pt2, when I browse..there is no c/program files/ub/hand histories file. I previously had c/program files/poker ace hud/data/ub/hand histories in this spot. I do have a hand history file under c/pokerapplication/ub/hand history. which do I use?
4. do I not use poker ace hud at all any more?
5. on my auto import screen on pt2, i previously checked the "move process files" box, and send the files to my desktop folder. Is this no longer necessary?
thanks,
Ross

2. You need to choose the Absolute auto-import window like I detailed in the previous post.
3. Did you read my last post? I showed specifically how to find out what folder the new software is saving the files to, I included pictures. What folder does that window tell you that YOUR files are being saved to??
4. Not to get the hand histories you don't.
5. You still need to move the processed files, nothing has changed in this regards.
ptrack pat

Postby BeantownBoy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Pat, just wanted to say thanks for your quick reply and help on this. Once you suggested using the Abs import it was easy as pie. Gametime+ follows suit and works fine then too. The only manual thing is setting all the alias' on ppl you have data for from playing on UB but that's not a big deal.

Anyway, point of this post was just to say thanks.
BeantownBoy

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 pm

BeantownBoy wrote:Pat, just wanted to say thanks for your quick reply and help on this. Once you suggested using the Abs import it was easy as pie. Gametime+ follows suit and works fine then too. The only manual thing is setting all the alias' on ppl you have data for from playing on UB but that's not a big deal.

Anyway, point of this post was just to say thanks.

Thanks! FYI, about the aliases, I've been discussing this in the support forum, I'm going to try to put out a patch that allows you to "auto-alias". I hope that will be sometime next week.
ptrack pat

Postby ChapelHeel66 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:24 pm

Beantown: If you don't mind me asking, are you still using GameTime+, and does it still pre-fetch the hands? How did you modify it? Did you just change the location of the hand history files in the preferences window?
ChapelHeel66

Postby ChapelHeel66 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:42 pm

Those having trouble, note that the hand histories don't get saved by UB until you actually participate in a hand. Perhaps the reason you aren't getting the imports is that you have started the hand histories while you are still observing, or while you are waiting for the BB to come around to you. None of those hand histories get saved...only the hands you participate in.

Sucks if you used to use GameTime+ to prefetch the hands.
ChapelHeel66

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 pm

ChapelHeel66 wrote:Beantown: If you don't mind me asking, are you still using GameTime+, and does it still pre-fetch the hands? How did you modify it? Did you just change the location of the hand history files in the preferences window?

GT+ isn't going to pre-fetch hands anymore, or even get them as you play anymore. The functionality to do that will not work with the CEREUS software. They only store hand history files for games you are dealt cards in, so you can't get observed hands.
ptrack pat

Postby SpeedKills » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:43 pm

So what you are saying is no more observed hands getting saved?
SpeedKills

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:41 pm

SpeedKills wrote:So what you are saying is no more observed hands getting saved?

That's right, this software doesn't write the hands to the hard drive unless you play a hand. If you open the hand history window, you can see the text of observed hands there but they aren't stored on the hard drive. There is other software, like Idleminer, that records observed hands from Absolute, I don't know if they are doing anything with the new UB software or not.
ptrack pat

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker Holdem