out of memory

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

out of memory

Postby bobapjok » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Can anyone help me? the 3/31 deadline is coming and i cant solve this problem. i can import usually and look at my hands, but when i click on the Tourney Time tab it will load, but when i choose "preferences" i get "out of memory". if i choose retry it just cycles if i choose abort, it says "ptrack2.exe - Fatal Application Exit" and insufficient memory to continue" and it shuts down. If i choose to "open outside PT" it will load since pokertracker isnt running. I dont know what to do, ive tried everything i can think of, ive never had this problem before and i even deleted several old tournament histories in case it was out of room, but nothing works.
bobapjok

Re: out of memory

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:58 pm

It's possible the database is corrupted or has gotten too big. Start a new database using the File > Maintain Database Names window.
ptrack pat

Postby bobapjok » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:59 pm

thank you. yes, if i use a different database it seems to work fine, so that was my thinking too. the question i have is, if i make a new one then when i am using it i wont have all the hands to go with the people i am playing with, is this correct? i mean, i have a limit database and a NL database. i mainly play NL, if i make a NL2 or something and start playing with it, wont i be basically starting from scratch? if i run into someone i have played with, then i wont have any info on them, is this correct? or am i not understanding? or is there maybe a way to start a new database like NL_fulltilt and export all the fulltilt hands into the new database and then use it for that site and make ones for other sites too, that would make it smaller but i dont know if i can take out certain types of hands once they are in.
bobapjok

Postby bobapjok » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:46 pm

actually, i think i may have figured it out mostly. it seems i can export the hands and stuff then set up a new database and import the hands. the only problem seems to be that sometimes the tournament summaries are not there, especially on absolute (ie UB). Does the hhdb database store all the hand histories regardless of the pokerdatabase used? do the hands just keep getting dumped into that file
bobapjok

Postby bobapjok » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:55 pm

never mind,that didnt work. every time i tried to export, especially the ring games, it gave me errors saying it cant find hand history for game xxx.
bobapjok

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 pm

The only way it would tell you it couldn't find the hand history text is

1) if you copied the database file from one computer to another and didn't take the hand history database file with it
2) your hand history db reached max size and you started a new one but didn't link the old hand history db in PT.
ptrack pat

Return to PokerTracker Holdem