PT2 update for Ongame P5 software...

Any support related posts should go here.

PT2 update for Ongame P5 software...

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Download and install the latest patch...
http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PTH/download.php

====================================================
To get PT2 to work with the new Ongame P5 software
====================================================

1. Open the File > Auto-Import Hand Histories... > PokerRoom (Ongame skins) option.

2. Click on the "I'm using Ongame's new P5 software... link and it will open another window.

3. On the next window, click the Hand History Folder Location button.

On this next window, you need to point PT2 to the folder where the site is storing your hand history files. If you are playing at multiple Ongame sites using the P5 software, add the appropriate pointers to each folder.

Depending on your operating system, the folders should be...

XP
==
C:/Documents and Settings/[User]/Local Settings/Application Data/P5/[SkinName]/handhistory

VISTA
=====
C:/Users/[UserName]/AppData/Local/P5/[Skin Name]/handhistory

IF YOU CANNOT SEE THESE FOLDERS WHEN BROWSING TO FIND THEM then you need to make them visible. To do this:

XP
==
From your desktop double-click on the "My Computer" icon. On the window that opens, under the Tools menu select "Folder Options". Click on the "View" tab and then check the box that says "Show hidden files and folders" and then click on the "Apply" button. Now you should be able to see this folder when you click the Hand History Folder Location button.

VISTA
=====
right-click on the Start menu and select Explore.
Click on Organize > Folder and Search Options
On the next window, click on the View tab and then check the box that says "Show hidden files and folders" and then click on the "Apply" button.

4. Once you have the folders configured, make sure that you use the "Move processed files to the following folder..." option. This will keep the imports running faster if it doesn't have to keep processing files that have been already been imported. Click the "Move processed files..." box and in the next field, enter/select a folder to be used to store these files (something like c:\ongamep5_processed would work fine).

5. Click the Start timer button to start the importing process. Note that it may take a while to import the files initially if they have been building up over the past week or so since the new P5 software was released. So give it some time for this first import to run.

======================================
HERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT WON'T WORK

1. Tournaments and play money are not supported. They weren't supported with the old Ongame software and they won't be now either.
2. The replayer doesn't work.
3. The help file link doesn't work yet either.
4. I don't know how PokerAce is going to function with the new P5 software, I don't support that program at all. Any PokerAce issues should be posted on the PokerAce support forum --> viewforum.php?f=22

IF YOU GET ANY ERRORS WITH ANY HANDS

I tested the imports with several 1000 hands and caught a lot of specific situations that usually cause issues (dead blinds, split pots, side pots, hands started but not played, etc.) but if you get any import errors, use the online support system to send me the exact error message along with the .log file that contains the hand that caused the error. Online support system link is --> http://www.pokertracker.com/support/?cat_id=4
ptrack pat

Re: PT2 update for Ongame P5 software...

Postby fredrik123 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 am

Hi Pat,

I tried a couple of times to import the ongame HHs. I didnt succeed while having Ongame software running (had two tables playing while importing). Got the error message that the tables locked the deleting of the log files while processing them to another folder (in my case D:/dump). So that is an issue to fix.

Succeeded importing the HHs after killing the Ongame process in the task manager.

Thanks for the quick update.

BR, Fredrik
fredrik123

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:35 am

I'm not sure what you are saying. Did you get errors importing while playing that the files were locked?

Got the error message that the tables locked the deleting of the log files while processing them to another folder (in my case D:/dump). So that is an issue to fix.

This warning happens when you close the auto-import window and it tries to move the files to the processed folder. If the files are locked PT cannot delete them but it does copy them. There is nothing PT can do if the files are being locked still be Ongame, you would have to shut that down first before closing the PT auto-import window.
ptrack pat

Postby legance » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:57 am

Doesnt work for me, it just says "starting to import 8 files" and then it´s just "looping" and then PT crashes :(
legance

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 am

What error does it give when it crashes? If by crashes you mean it appears to be frozen then you need to give it time to finish importing all the hands.
ptrack pat

Postby legance » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:09 pm

well i gave it 5 min... thought it was enough the "original" import doesnt take very much time.
legance

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Restart the computer.
Open the auto-import window.
UNCHECK the "Auto-rate on import" box if it's checked.
Click the Enable Logging box.
Click the Force Import button.
Let it run. If it's still not done after 15 minutes, kill the program, restart it. Open the auto-import window again and click the View Log link and copy/paste the text of the log file into a reply.
ptrack pat

Postby wern » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi pat.

All folders are visible. I search the HDD's for the folder "P5". There is no folder P5.
PT2 and the OnGame software are on 2 different HDD's.
Yes, I had play some hands (~50)
I hope you can help me.

wern
wern

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:12 pm

wern wrote:Hi pat.

All folders are visible. I search the HDD's for the folder "P5". There is no folder P5.
PT2 and the OnGame software are on 2 different HDD's.
Yes, I had play some hands (~50)
I hope you can help me.

wern

If you can't find the hand history files on your hard drive then you need to contact the poker site to see how to get them saved, I don't know.
ptrack pat

Postby wern » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:57 am

okay, thanks anyway.
wern

Return to PTH Support