NEW FullTilt patch - access violation errors fixed

Any support related posts should go here.

NEW FullTilt patch - access violation errors fixed

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Starting a new thread for this since the old one was 20 pages long. This is a new patch for FullTilt users. This patch should take care of the access violation errors that many of you were getting. You shouldn't need the 3rd party workaround program now, you can just run PT2 as you did before the FT update a couple weeks ago. If you were using that program, on the FullTilt auto-import window in PT2 you will need to change the folder PT is looking in back to the FT hand history folder.

Patch 2.17.04G is available here:
http://s217900936.onlinehome.us/patch21704g.exe

Please note:
1. I don't support PokerAce, if you are having PokerAce issues, post them on that forum... viewforum.php?f=22
2. FullTilt NO LONGER STORES OBSERVED HANDS - I get a ton of people asking me about this, this is not a PT issue, I have no control over FTP doing this, it was their decision.
3. Unlike the old patch, this patch should move your processed files. HOWEVER, you need to CLOSE THE FTP client FIRST and then close PT. I you don't do this, the files will be copied but not moved and you'll get a warning message to this affect because FTP keeps the files locked until you close the lobby window, not just a table.
4. Many people have been complaining about the tournament summary files being 0kb. It appears that this is happening during those times when you bust out of a tourney but leave the window open. If you manually close the table window after you bust out, the summary gets created. If you leave it open and FTP closes the window automatically when the tourney ends, that is when the 0kb file gets created.

Special thanks to drgfire for creating his application that would make ANSI copies of the Unicode files so PT2 could continue to function while I worked on the access violation errors. Also, special thanks to DocFreeman for creating the DLL file that PT2 calls to do this conversion so that's it's transparent to the user. I really appreciate it guys!

Edited: Aug 5, 2009 - new version number is 2.17.04g - the "G" patch includes the ability to import these FTP Unicode files using the manual import window or the generic auto-import window. Before this patch, users were forced to import the files using just the FTP auto-import window.
ptrack pat

Re: NEW FullTilt patch - access violation errors fixed

Postby hotkarl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:53 pm

i just installed this update but i am still getting the access error when trying to import hands.

is there possibly a linking error?

Patch 2.17.04E is available here:
http://s217900936.onlinehome.us/patch21704d.exe

the link points to patch 2.12.04d.exe ???
hotkarl

Postby DonCaspero » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Just copy/paste the link to your browser and replace the "d" with an "e" and execute - works fine for me
DonCaspero

Postby hotkarl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:33 pm

DonCaspero wrote:Just copy/paste the link to your browser and replace the "d" with an "e" and execute - works fine for me

yep that worked.

thanks for the update pat! you're the best!
hotkarl

Postby ptrack pat » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Ugh, I forgot to change the link to "e". Thanks DonCaspero for the tip, the link is fixed now.
ptrack pat

Postby jaymo13 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:13 am

Well, it certainly fixed the "access violation error"

Now it just opens up and freezes.

Yay!!!!!!
jaymo13

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 pm

jaymo13 wrote:Well, it certainly fixed the "access violation error"

Now it just opens up and freezes.

Yay!!!!!!

When does it do this? Be specific? When the import first starts? If so, how many files does it say it found? If it's a lot then you need to let it process all those files, it's not frozen.
ptrack pat

Postby drgfire » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 am

Hey Pat, DocFreeman (if you're still around),

the patch seems to work fine for me. Finally it's solved, yay! Thanks guys!
drgfire

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:42 pm

drgfire wrote:Hey Pat, DocFreeman (if you're still around),

the patch seems to work fine for me. Finally it's solved, yay! Thanks guys!

Glad to hear it. Thanks so much again for writing that other program, it was a great help to have that workaround while we worked on getting the issue with PT2 fixed.
ptrack pat

Postby jmikulskis » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:19 pm

I am having an issue after installing the latest patch (as of Aug 5th). After install, I open PT2 and get the following:

"ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" on the top of the pop-up window with the body of the error message stating:
"Could not find file C:\Program Files (x86)\Poker Tracker V2\hhdb.mbd."

After I click OK it asks for a login name and password, which none seem to work.

I have never had this problem before and I apologize if I missed a similar problem from one of the other posts. For what it is worth, I run Vista.

Thanks for any help!
jmikulskis

Next

Return to PTH Support