Restore Error unknown - Known Compress Error

Any support related posts should go here.

Restore Error unknown - Known Compress Error

Postby SugarHooves » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi,

Background: I have PTv2.19.04g and PostgreSQL 8.2.11 installed and work fine together importing new PS hands.
Running on an Intel i7 920 with Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

In moving my PTv2 dbases from one location to another, I thought it 'wise' to redo Compress after Restore on my older, 'frozen' dbases, i.e.: large enough to not be importing any 'new' hands. All but one older dbase has Restored and then Full Compress/Analysis just fine.

When I look to Restore this one older dbase there appears to be two immediate 'errors' that are shown in the Command window processing but, too quick to read. The Restore process in the Command window continues to the end and there is a summary about '2 errors' but, no detail.

Is there a way or file log location that will detail the Restore errors that occurred?

When I go to Compress this errantly Restored dbase I get an immediate error of: 7 - SQLSTATE = XX001 ERROR: invalid page header in block 0 of relation "pg_proc_oid_index"; Error while executing the query.

I found one post that seemed close to the issue but, it relates to PTv3. This post is found @:
"Re: Error Message
by kraada » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 pm viewtopic.php?f=16&t=31160&p=152486&hilit=page+header+in+block+0+of+relation+%22pg_proc_oid_index#p152486

Ideas? Suggestions?

Ideas?

Thanks.

John
SugarHooves

Re: Restore Error unknown - Known Compress Error

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:17 am

You can do the reindex the Kraada suggested manually too:
You can reindex your database from the PostgreSQL command prompt. Click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Command prompt. At the prompt that appears, type “reindexdb -a” and hit enter. Be aware that if you have large databases this may take a while, so be patient and wait for it to finish.
(If the re-index doesn't work because you are not logged in as user 'postgres' enter: "reindexdb -U postgres -a").

His second suggestion should be valid too – these are related to PostgreSQL, not PokerTracker directly.

If they don't help PostgreSQL logs should be in:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\pg_log
WhiteRider

Postby SugarHooves » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Re-indexing the dbases through PostgreSQL Command line instructions did the trick!

Thank you.

Remembering that I use PTv2, is re-indexing through PostgreSQL something that should be done periodically as a add'l part of regular PostgreSQL dbase Maintenance like Compress and clustering?
John
SugarHooves

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:27 pm

No, it shouldn't be necessary to do that regularly.
kraada

Return to PTH Support