Postgresql - Unable to connect

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Postgresql - Unable to connect

Postby The Jonietz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:12 am

Hi,
after I searched for help to solve my problems with postgresql, I have to open now a new topic because i didnt find any solution and btw i am german and sometimes my english is not good enough to understand everything what you all write ;).
Please answer me without giving stupid comments like "www.google.de" or something like that, would be great ^^

So to my problem:
I have bought pokertracker3 now and I want to run it on my pc but at the beginning there is a problem with postgresql and i really dont know how to solve it.

When i open pokertracker there is a window "Configure postgresql Server" with a lot of information.
But when I click on "connect" there comes a new window which says: "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration".
And now i dont know how to go on, i hope that some of you can help me.
PLease ;)
The Jonietz

Re: Postgresql - Unable to connect

Postby kraada » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:49 am

Do you see PostgreSQL installed on your Control Panel? If so - and it's PostgreSQL 8.4 - try using the password "postgrespass" (without the quotes) and see if that works better for you.
kraada

Return to PostgreSQL Forum