PostgreSQL Settings "ODBC Entry To Use" is empty

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Re: ostgreSQL Settings "ODBC Entry To Use" is empty

Postby detroitkid » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:07 pm

ptrack pat wrote:You could install an older version of PostgreSQL, then the values should show up in that field. You can download the 8.2 here...
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/downloa ... 2.12-1.zip

When you install it, you are going to have to change the port # that it's going to use from 5432 to 5433 because PostgreSQL 8.3 is installed on the default port 5432.

I installed the complete version of PT3 w/ postgresql and had the same problem (blank dropdown menu) when I tried to convert the access database into postgresql. So, following the above instructions, I installed vers. 8.2 of postgresql, then was able to convert the PT2 database. Now when I go into PT3 to try to import it, it can find no PT2 databases! What am I doing wrong?
detroitkid

Re: PostgreSQL Settings "ODBC Entry To Use" is empty

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

You need to post this issue in the PT3 forum, I don't support PT3, I don't know what it's looking for.
ptrack pat

Postby ccpsc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 am

Hi I followed the advice below and went to the post below that but "Application Stack Builder" is not in the PostgreSQL 8.3 menu list.

If you actually installed PostgreSQL 8.3 by yourself before you installed PT3 (i.e. you didn't have PT3 install it for you) then you should be able to do the steps detailed here
archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=24880
so that you can see the ODBC entries.

Some users have been having trouble getting PT to work with PostgreSQL 8.3 but it can be done.

When you install v8.3.x of PostgreSQL there is an extra step needed.

After you install 8.3 there is another window that opens called the application stack builder. If you have closed this window, you can open it again using the Start menu > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Application Stack Builder.

On the window that opens, click the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 from the list and click the NEXT button.

On the next window, check the box next to "psqlODBC v08.03...." and click NEXT.

On the next window, select USA from the list of countries and select a mirror (I don't think it matters which) and click NEXT.

From this point, just keep clicking NEXT or FINISH leaving everything else set to the default values until the ODBC Drivers are installed.

Now you should be able to go into Poker Tracker, open the Utilities > PostgreSQL Settings window and choose the appropriate ODBC Entry to Use value from the list (should be PostgreSQL Unicode).
ccpsc

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:52 am

You have to have manually installed PostgreSQL 8.3, not had it installed as part of installing PT3. If you manually installed it then you need to have used the pgInstaller and not the one-click installer. It is there, I just reinstalled PostgreSQL 8.3 last week.
ptrack pat

Postby ccpsc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks for your reply Pat but you are talking to the truly ignorant. How do I go about that exactly and will it cause any problems with PT3 db's.
ccpsc

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Did you manually install PostgreSQL 8.3 or not? From your post you copy/pasted a snippet that said PostgreSQL needed to be manually installed so I'm assuming that's what you did. If you didn't do this but instead had PT3 install it then you will need to install PostgreSQL 8.2 in order to get the registry entries you need. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5669#p29185
ptrack pat

Postby TNDolly » Sun May 30, 2010 9:09 pm

I've installed PT3 as a trial version on a new computer. I would like to link my PT2 database to the PT3 version on the new computer. I'm trying to convert the access database in PT2 to PostgreSQL, but I'm having nothing but problems. I would like to do all the conversion on the old computer and then I move the database over to the new computer where PT3 is installed. I've tried the directions in this thread and through the site: http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT ... InstallSQL.
Do I use the 1 click installer? Should I try the zip archive for advanced users? I'm not advanced.
8.2.6 is not available. Which version should I use? I need help and have wasted 2 hours that I would have preferred to have used using PT3 instead of converting databases.
TNDolly

Postby WhiteRider » Mon May 31, 2010 5:44 am

The simplest thing to do is to export your hands from PT2, install PT3 on you other computer (which will set postgres up for you) and then import the hands.
Tutorial: Convert PT2 non PostgreSQL database to PT3
WhiteRider

Postby TNDolly » Mon May 31, 2010 9:32 am

WhiteRider wrote:The simplest thing to do is to export your hands from PT2, install PT3 on you other computer (which will set postgres up for you) and then import the hands.
Tutorial: Convert PT2 non PostgreSQL database to PT3

Thanks. I got quite a few errors and was only able to import about 1/3 of my hands that are in the PT2 database. Any work around for that?
TNDolly

Postby WhiteRider » Mon May 31, 2010 10:28 am

What version of PT3 do you have? (see the title bar of PT3)
What sites are the hands for?
WhiteRider

Previous

Return to PostgreSQL Forum