How Does PT3 Relate to PT Omaha?

The original PokerTracker Omaha.

How Does PT3 Relate to PT Omaha?

Postby TomBrooklyn » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 am

How Does PT3 work as it relates to PT Omaha? I want to buy PT Omaha soon, but don't want to have to pay twice for it.
TomBrooklyn

Re: How Does PT3 Relate to PT Omaha?

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:51 am

PT3 will eventually support Omaha games, but I would not expect to see it until the end of 2009 at the earliest. When it does come out I expect that existing PTO users will get a discount similar to the one given to PTH users who bought PT3:
http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT ... t_discount

I'm going to make this a sticky post since this question is going to come up more often.

Post edited Feb. 8, 2009
ptrack mike

Postby SheepGoats » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm going to just post a bunch of questions here. Basically, I currently have no version of PT Omaha, but I do have PTv2 and PAHUD.

1) You said PT3 is going to have Omaha integrated into it at some point. Does this mean that potentially we could just run one process (PT3.exe or whatever) and track a NL Hold'em cash game, a Hold'em Sit'nGo, plus a PLO and a Stud table we happen to have running all at once? Or would we need to run a set of processes (PTHold'em.exe, PTOmaha.exe, and PTStud.exe) to handle that stuff as it comes in?

2) Your post said Omaha isn't integrated into PT3 yet. If people are in my situation now (don't have Omaha tracking software but want it), they would need to buy PTOmahaV1 and use it until Omaha is integrated into v3?

3) You said that once Omaha is integrated into PT3 you'll run a coupon deal for people to upgrade from OmahaV1 to PT3 with Omaha integrated. Just out of curiosity, does that mean there'll be a resister screen in PT3 with a field for an activation code for Hold'em, plus a second field for an activation code for Omaha, plus a third field for an activation code for Stud?

4) This might have been a better question for PAHUD folks, but since they've moved over here, I'm going to ask it here. How does PAHUD work with PTOmahaV1? Would I expect basically the same sort of stuff that I get displayed for my Hold'em tables? Or do I need to find an Omaha specific HUD for whatever reason?

5) Once Omaha is integrated into PT3, is it safe to assume that PT3's integrated HUD will play nice with Omaha tables as well as Hold'em tables?

6) And I know it's only been a month since this thread was first posted, but the timeline still seems about the same to you for Omaha integration into PT3? (eg: end of '08)
SheepGoats

Postby ptrack mike » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Like I said, these things are a quite a way off but I can tell you what I think at this point:

1. The plan is for PT3 to import all game types under one process.

2. Yes.

3. It will be something like what you describe.

4. PA HUD works with PTO the same way it does with PTHv2. Any other questions are better answered in the PA HUD forum.

5. I would hope so.

...the end of this year at the earliest
ptrack mike

Postby SheepGoats » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:57 am

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll be getting PTOmaha v1 sometime this week then.
SheepGoats

Postby ptrack mike » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Bump...
ptrack mike

Postby mjs11 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:44 am

1. The plan is for PT3 to import all game types under one process.

Sweet! So just another tab up the top of PT3? For example:

/ Import | Texas Holdem | Omaha | TableTracker |

This would be ideal, imo, as it would incorporate all Holdem and Omaha tracking into the one program. Even if you do have to pay extra to add the Omaha (obviously).

I'm sure it's a long way off, but it should be worth the wait.
mjs11

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:55 am

Yes, that's the plan, and you're right - it will be an extra cost, and it won't be available for a while.
WhiteRider

Postby lmx2k5 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:10 am

Nice!
Can't wait for omaha to be part of PT3 - I've bought PT3, I like it, but 90% of time I play Omaha
lmx2k5

Postby iAAbsorb » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:26 am

I really love everything about PT3, but recently PTO is definately in need of an updated version.
Hope to see PTO integrated into PT3 soon :|
iAAbsorb

Next

Return to Poker Tracker Omaha