UB/Absolute merger - importing new UB hands

Any support related posts should go here.

UB/Absolute merger - importing new UB hands

Postby ptrack mike » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:37 pm

Ultimate Bet has merged with Absolute and uses the Absolute hand history format.

To import these hands, open the File > Auto-Import Hand Histories > Absolute Poker window.
Click the Hand History Folder Location button and point it to the c:\program files\ultimatebet\handhistory folder.

Then start the timer and it should load the hands. You no longer will need to use PokerAce or UltimateHistory to get hands because they are stored automatically now.

Note that they will also import after each hand because the files are no longer being locked until you leave the table like the old UB software used to do.

Also, these hands will be imported as ABS as the poker site. Use the Alias button on the General tab of the ring or tourney stats window to create an alias to your UB account name and then the stats will be combined.
ptrack mike

Re: UB/Absolute merger - importing new UB hands

Postby djfl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:34 pm

what about datamining? Observed hands don't get saved to the computer...even the "new" UB doesn't offer that as an option I believe. That's what I used to use ultimatehistory for. Ideas?

Thanks again.
djfl

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:20 pm

I don't know if you'll be able to do that now. Maybe a third party tool like idleminer will allow this but I don't know for sure.
ptrack mike

Postby bluey » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:59 pm

thanks for that, it seems to work. but really the function that is most useful to me and I imagine a lot of other users is getting the HUD to work with omaha. any news on that?
bluey

Postby ptrack mike » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:14 pm

I don't have any news. You could try asking in the PA HUD forum.
ptrack mike

Postby djfl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi Mike. Is this a permanent fix or just temporary? I have an extensive UB database. Am I really going to have to match every player up with their UB/Absolute counterpart to see their stats? I use PAHUD and want all my hand history with a particular player...both pre and post Cereus...to show up in the stats. Is the only way to do the UB/Absolute matching thing?

Thanks in advance.
djfl

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:50 am

Pat is trying to create an "auto-alias" feature for this. If successful, I can probably do something like that for PTO as well. I don't know how soon this would be though.
ptrack mike

Postby djfl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Fair enough. As far as a fix, I meant more like...push the UB button to import UB hands as opposed to push the AP button and do the autoalias thing.
I love my PTO, but I think it'd be kinda cheesy for somebody who's just buying the program for the 1st time to see the piece-meal fix as The permanent fix. I guess I do as well. :)

Thanks anyway.
djfl

Postby djfl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:00 pm

djfl wrote:Fair enough. As far as a fix, I meant more like...push the UB button to import UB hands as opposed to push the AP button and do the autoalias thing.
I love my PTO, but I think it'd be kinda cheesy for somebody who's just buying the program for the 1st time to see the piece-meal fix as The permanent fix. I guess I do as well. :)

Thanks anyway.

Also, What about those players who I've only played with pre-Cereus and not post-Cereus. Am I going to have to play hands against a person and import the new hands before I can pull up my history with them? I don't think I can just create a UB/AP alias if I don't have hands against the person in both.
djfl

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:22 pm

I don't think I can just create a UB/AP alias if I don't have hands against the person in both.

Correct, you can't. By definition you don't need an alias on a player unless the player is known to have hands imported from both sites.

As far as fixes being "cheesy", keep in mind it wasn't our idea to merge two poker sites. We have to react to poker site changes all the time, first with workarounds and then eventually with something that works better permanently. You originally mentioned that it would be a pain to match players from each site. Naturally I thought you meant aliasing them, not to have the correctly-named auto-import window on the menu.
ptrack mike

Next

Return to PTO Support