3 PTO/PAHUD errors

Any support related posts should go here.

3 PTO/PAHUD errors

Postby djfl » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi. I recently did a complete un/reinstallation of pto and postgreSQL. I also completely rebuilt my database. I'm now having a few problems with PAHUD/PTO so I'm posting this msg in both forums.

1) On startup of both PTO and PAHUD, I get the message, "SQL Connection exception: Failed to connect to datasource: FATAL: password authentication failed for user 'postgres'"
When I reinstalled postgre, the old login "postgres" didn't work for some reason, so I created a new login "postgres1"...because I am extremely unimaginative.
Anyway, my databases are now under the postgres1 login, but PAHUD still looks for the old one. I've tried changing options and only have the new databases highlighted for PAHUD to build caches from. Ideas?

2) With UB/Cereus, unfortunately the only way to combine the old UB stats with the new Cereus stats is to create aliases in PTO. PAHUD isn't bringing up combined stats tho.
As an example, there's one player I have nearly 30k hands on, but only 4k are being displayed...and I believe those are only from the new Cereus.

3)This one just happened now while I was trying to get info for the previous errors. When trying to pull up ring game player stats in PTO, I got the popup message, 'Database transaction information not available.
Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function."

This is a brand new error as I was just updating/merging UB/Cereus stats about a half hour ago.
djfl

Re: 3 PTO/PAHUD errors

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:47 pm

I can only try to answer the PTO questions:

1. Are you using the correct password? It should be dbpass unless you changed it.

2. PA HUD support will have to answer this one.

3. This is related to #1. If you can't connect to PostgreSQL then you will get all kinds of errors until you do.
ptrack mike

Postby djfl » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm

The password for the postgres and postgres1 logins were both "password" as per the walkthrough. I have no idea why it stopped working for the postgres login. Either way, I'm not using the postgres login anymore, I'm using postgres1. Any reason why it's still trying to connect to postgres and not postgres1?
djfl

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Any reason why it's still trying to connect to postgres and not postgres1?

For PA HUD? No, I don't know. Although I think when you uninstall PostgreSQL you still have to delete everything from the PostgreSQL folder. Hopefully their support will have something to say in your other thread.
ptrack mike

Postby djfl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey Mike. PAHud said I have to get my database stuff dealt with before they can help me.

So about the database prob, the error #3 has gone away for whatever reason, but I still need to find out about pto still trying to access the postgres database and not the postgres1 database. I checked my postgresql settings in pto and confirmed that the only postgre login that is listed there is the postgres1. So what's the prob and how do I fix it?

You mentioned deleting everything from the postgresql folder. I'm sure you don't mean everything everything. :)

FWIW, I did a complete uninstall reinstall of postgre already and am using the 8.2 recommended in the pokertracker sql walkthrough.
I have no idea how/why when I reinstalled postgre it already knew about the postgres login or why the password "password" all of a sudden wouldn't work. Either way, I can't even access that login to try other passwords kuz I have no idea where it even is.

I'm really hoping you're a better sql troubleshooter than I as it's possible this is strictly an sql problem. Even if it is tho, we still need PTO to only look for the postgres1 login.

Thanks again/in advance.
djfl

Postby djfl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Also, I'm not sure if this makes sense to you, but I pulled this from the postgre help.

Ident authentication failed
The server doesn't accept the current user: The server reports

If this message appears, the pg_hba.conf entry found for your client / user / database combination is set to "ident" authentication. Some distributions, e.g. Debian, have this by default. To perform ident based authentication successfully, you need additional setup; see the PostgreSQL help for this. For a beginner, it might be more appropriate to use a different authentication method; MD5 encrypted passwords are a good choice, which can be configured by an entry in pg_hba.conf like this:

host all all 192.168.0.0/24 md5

This example grants MD5 encrypted password access to all databases to all users on the private network 192.168.0.0/24.

You can use the pg_hba.conf editor that is built into pgAdmin III to edit the pg_hba.conf configuration file. After changing pg_hba.conf, you need to trigger a server configuration reload using pg_ctl or by stopping and restarting the server process.
djfl

Postby ptrack mike » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:20 pm

Well, to be honest I'm not a PostgreSQL expert since I've had no problems with it so far and PTO users generally haven't had such issues so you will have to bear with me. I also have no idea if the last post you made is important. Most people aren't completely uninstalling PostgreSQL like you have unless they are starting over from scratch with a blank database, that's what I thought you were doing and is why I suggested deleting everything. I have ask, why did you do all this?

...checked my postgresql settings in pto and confirmed that the only postgre login that is listed there is the postgres1. So what's the prob and how do I fix it?

Are you sure you are using the correct Port number? It may have changed when you reinstalled. Try 5432 or 5433, etc.

I agree this is strictly a PostgreSQL issue. If we're unable to sort it out here, you may need to post something in the PTH PostgreSQL forum:
viewforum.php?f=29
If you do just give the facts about PostgreSQL not working and try not to mention PTO too much or it will just end up back here.
ptrack mike

Postby djfl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:33 pm

My port number is 5432 now...and I'm pretty sure it was b4 as well. If there's anything else you can think of, great. If not, I'm just gonna create a post in that forum linking to this post.
djfl

Postby ptrack mike » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Let me ask you this, you said you were "rebuilding" your database. Did you make a backup from PTO befere you started uninstalling everything? If so you should follow these instructions I found in the old forum and delete everything:
archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=19373&highlight=postgres1

Then you can Restore your backup file to get your data back into PTO.
ptrack mike

Postby djfl » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Long story there. My database stopped working on one computer and we couldn't figure out why. Long and short is I ended up doing the un/reinstall. And exported my 1.4mil hand database backup to files and rebuilt. good times.
djfl

Next

Return to PTO Support