Unable to connect to the PTOREG database, Vista x64

Any support related posts should go here.

Unable to connect to the PTOREG database, Vista x64

Postby GodsPetMonkey » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 pm

I just installed PTO on my Vista x64 machine and I'm having issues with PTO not being able to connect to the Access databases. I'm launching the app as administrator btw.
The actual error code is

Unable to connect to the PTOREG database
160 - SQLSTATE = IM003
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126
(Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb))

I suspect it has to do with the x64 ODBC drivers as under the control panel ODBC system databases the PTO databases aren't there and neither is the Postgres ODBC driver but if you launch the control panel from the WOW64 directory, all three are there just like they are in other OS's. I suspect this might be some sort of known issue but I was unable to find it via searching the forums.
GodsPetMonkey

Re: Unable to connect to the PTOREG database, Vista x64

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm sure you are not the only person using Vista 64, so there must be another issue. I just don't know what it is since you are the first person I've seen with this error. Look in your Poker Tracker Omaha program folder. Is there a ptoreg.mdb file there?

Also, did you try PTHv2? Does that work or do you get a similar error?
ptrack mike

Re: Unable to connect to the PTOREG database, Vista x64

Postby GodsPetMonkey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Same error with PTv2 so it's definitely something in the ODBC realm I would think but it's not worth a huge effort on my part as I'll probably be doing a rebuild soon as a # of other small but seemingly OS related insurmountable issues have cropped up. Thnx anyway.
GodsPetMonkey

Return to PTO Support