Hand history file not being moved

Any support related posts should go here.

Hand history file not being moved

Postby quaider » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:57 am

When i start auto import hand histories ( pokerstars) PTO 1.13.04 I get message "you curretly have 1783 hand history files in your hand history folder, this indicates uyou have not been moving/ deleting or allowing pokertracker omaha to move thes e files .... it could also mean this is first time you have sed the auto import func... (its not) i have the moved processed files to box checked.

I think it has something to do with the order of the folders I just got a new computer (vista ) and I'm not very farmiliar with it yet , I did create folders for hand histories and processed hand histories , but not sure if i did it correctly , the processed folder cant be underneath the hand history folder corect?
quaider

Re: Hand history file not being moved

Postby ptrack mike » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:37 am

he processed folder cant be underneath the hand history folder corect?

Correct. Make a totally separate folder like C:\processedhands and use that. If you still get the message then make sure the files are all Omaha files since PTO will only move those game types. If you play other games you will need to move the files manually.
ptrack mike

Postby quaider » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:02 am

Forgive my ignorance , could u please explain it to me step my step very simply , im not very computer savy and I have had trouble with this for a long time , i want to get this right.

OK i went to pokerstars options instant hand histories and selected C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory\

next I select Hand hist folder location from autoimport pokerstars hand histories looks like this

Desktop
network
John
Public
Computer

The old hand history folder is under John then Appdata which is the first folder on the list

Then Local which is the first folder under app data

There is a folder under local called pokerstars

under pokerstars there are three folders in the following order bg
hand history
ImgCache
under hand history is the folder coupdegrace (screenname)

Here is where i get stuck , i click Browse under Move processed files to teh following folder when i close this window

do i need to create a folder to put proc hh files in and if so how exactly do i do it and where do i put it?

When i open auto import now it says i have 1707 hand history files in your hand history folder etc... so how do i get these files into the db?

tx
quaider

Postby ptrack mike » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:36 pm

I think you are giving me too much information. Let's keep this simple:

OK i went to pokerstars options instant hand histories and selected C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory\

Correct. Now in PTO on the PokerStars auto-import window click the Hand History Folder Location... button and then navigate to and select the C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory\ folder. That's the only folder you need to set.

Now, for moving hand history files to a processed folder, first create a folder on you hard drive to move them to. The easiest thing to do is to right click your Windows desktop. Then from the pop-up menu select New > Folder. Name the folder Processed. Then go to back to the PokerStars auto-import window, check the Move processed files... box and then click the Browse... button. Then navigate to and select the Desktop\Processed folder. Finally import the hands, close the window and then all of your Omaha hand files will move.
ptrack mike

Postby quaider » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:55 am

Sorry for too much info , ok i did every u said , the processed hhf now under "computer" so this isnt in the path of the hand history files i hope?

OK last thing u said

" Finally import the hands, close the window and then all of your Omaha hand files will move."

again sorry for simple question , but u mean just start the import of new hands , what about the 1700+ hhf what do I do with them?
quaider

Postby ptrack mike » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:48 am

again sorry for simple question , but u mean just start the import of new hands , what about the 1700+ hhf what do I do with them?

Open the auto-import window and click the Force Import button. PTO will then read all 1700 hand history files and import any new hands that aren't already in the database. Then close the auto-import window. At that point PTO will move the hands to the processed folder.

Now open the auto-import window again and click the Force Import button. If PTO says it is reading 1700 files again then either the box that tells it to move the hands to a processed folder isn't checked or the hands are not Omaha hands. PTO will only move Omaha hands.
ptrack mike

Postby quaider » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:03 am

tx for your patience mike , ok i did that now it says there are 381 hhf so they must be non omaha hands so what do i do with them , im not concerned with keeping them so I can just delete yes? how do i do this?
quaider

Postby ptrack mike » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Right click the Start button in Windows and select Explore from the pop-up menu. Then navigate to the hand history file location and select the non-Omaha files in that folder and press the Delete key.
ptrack mike

Return to PTO Support