error importing player names with special characters

Any support related posts should go here.

error importing player names with special characters

Postby omahabeach » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:35 am

I'm playing on Pokerstars currently. Player names containing special characters are imported wrong by PTO, e.g. there is a player with an "ä" in his name, PTO displays and saves it as "ä". Hence PAHUD doesn't show stats for the player, as there is no player with "ä" sitting at the table.

I want to have this error corrected. How can I/we do that?
omahabeach

Re: error importing player names with special characters

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:55 am

Before you import the hands, open the file in Notepad or similar program and search/replace the character with a more normal character like an "A".
ptrack mike

Postby omahabeach » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 am

This is inappropriate. I'm not willing to open all hand history files and replace all special charaters. It's even not feasible during multitabling. But even if I did so, the real problem won't be solved. PAHUD does not recognize the player's name. If there is "Mäxchen" at my table, it doesn't matter if PTO has stored his stats for the player "Maxchen" or "Mäxchen". None of them is playing with me (or even existing). Therefore PAHUD can't display any stats.

So actually there is something wrong during the import of the hand histories and that should be fixed. I just went through my database and there are players with special characters in their names (latest hand history is from November 2008). So one year ago the import worked fine. I suppose you changed something during one of the latest patches.
omahabeach

Postby ptrack mike » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Nothing was changed in the program having to do with special characters. They've always caused problems from time to time depending on which character set is used, but lately some poker sites have allowed more different character codes than before. The software used to create the current version of PTO cannot handle these strange characters, but soon Omaha support will be added to PT3 so that should take care of it.
ptrack mike

Postby TrayRacer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 am

FWIW, this is also a problem in PT3, so this will need to get fixed in PT3 as well.

Regards,
Pete
TrayRacer

Postby ptrack mike » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:47 am

Please post any PT3 Omaha issues in the PT3 forums.
ptrack mike

Return to PTO Support