Moving PTS

7 Card Stud or Poker Tracker Stud related posts go here

Moving PTS

Postby Creosote » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 pm

I had an old Dell (12 yrs old) and recently a got a new HP Elite desktop. I loaded everything I wanted into the flash drive and did offload PTS into the new computer. Now they want a registration code to open the files.

While there is no online poker for me now, I have hope there will be and I need my database of hands even if you never support PTS again. How does this work?

thanks
Creosote

Re: Moving PTS

Postby ptrack mike » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:36 am

Here is the FAQ for moving your databases:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2334

Then you'll need to create a new support ticket with your new product ID so we can send you a new registration code.
https://www.pokertracker.com/support/ne ... cat_id=123
ptrack mike

Postby Creosote » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Okay, thanks. So I'll have to hook the old computer back up to find the "about" window and the code. Right? I know I'm sounding stupid, but when I do that, exactly how do I find the "about" window? (Haven't looked at PTS in a while. Just makes me :( )

Then after I download the new copy I can move over the database or should that happen first and the download will find it? Or does it matter?
Creosote

Postby ptrack mike » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm

No, do everything on the NEW computer. Run the program, go to the menu. Select Help > About Poker Tracker. A window will open. Send the product ID from that window on the support ticket. Then do the steps in the FAQ link.
ptrack mike

Return to Poker Tracker Stud