Tutorial: Aliases

Frequently Asked Questions/Answers, Tutorials, and Common How To's

Moderator: Moderators

Tutorial: Aliases

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 am

If you play at more than one site you may want to combine all your separate players under a single player name in PT3 so that you can see your overall results and analyse your play.

To do this you select the player that you want to be your main name and then add each additional name as an alias.

Tip! When you have aliased the players together you can still see their results separately by applying a filter for one site or the other.

As an example, I have two player names at two sites: "Me" at Party and "MeAgain" at PokerStars.
I want to combine these so that I see all my hands under "Me".

1. Select your main player in the Player List.
Here I select "Me", and you can also see my PokerStars player "MeAgain" just below it.

2. Click the General tab.

3. In the Aliases section to the right, click Edit.

1.png

4. To add a new alias click the Add button.

2.png
2.png (9.67 KiB) Viewed 19876 times

5. If you want to narrow down the search a bit, or get the list to populate quicker, you can select a site from the Site dropdown list.

6. You can also type your name into the Search field.

7. To actually select the player you want to add as an alias you must make sure the player is selected in the list - it is the player selected here that is added, not the name typed in the search field.

8. When you have selected the correct player, click the Add button.

3.png

9. You will now see the newly added alias shown in the list.
If you want to add another alias you can click Add again and repeat steps 4 to 8.
If you want to remove an alias you can click Remove.
When you have the aliases configured as you want them, click Close.

5.png
5.png (10.47 KiB) Viewed 19870 times

10. You will now see the aliases listed on the General tab, and the secondary (aliased) player names will no longer appear in the Player List.

6.png
6.png (2.83 KiB) Viewed 19883 times

7.png
7.png (2.58 KiB) Viewed 19868 times
WhiteRider

Return to FAQs, Tutorials, and How To's [Read Only]