In this guide:
- This post - Before creating a bug report
- Submitting a support ticket
- PokerTracker 3 log files
- Hand History files
- Taking a screenshot
- Compressing files
- PostgreSQL log files
- How To: Attach files to a ticket
Before creating a bug report
If you have a problem with PokerTracker 3 there are a few things to check:
- Check the PT3 Build History / Release Notes to see if your issue has been fixed.
- Search the forums as often your problem will have been addressed before and you may find a solution.
Use the Search function to the top right of the forum.
- You should also look through the Frequently Asked Questions forum as there are FAQs and Tutorials for most common issues.
In particular, check the PT3 Importing FAQ and PT3 HUD FAQ.
If you don't find a solution post your question in the appropriate forum - ALL PT3 issues should be posted in the PT3 section, including HUD issues (PAHud is a separate application which only works with PT2).
If you have a specific problem, or if you have been asked to by support, you should report it using the Support system.
If you experienced a crash and the PT3 application requested that you send your crash log please attach it to a support ticket in the same way.
If you had logging enabled at the time please attach the normal PokerTracker.log and PokerTrackerHUD.log files (BEFORE restarting PT3) to the ticket along with the crash log and describe what you were doing just before the crash happened. The more information you can give us the easier it will be to establish and fix the problem.
Crash logs are written to "My Documents" in Windows and "Documents" on a Mac.
If you have a crash on the native Mac version please also attach the Apple crash logs from the /Users/*username*/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder.
For help creating a support ticket click here.
For help attaching files to a ticket click here.
Again, ALL PT3 issues should be created in the PokerTracker 3 section, including HUD issues.