Every cash table session in PokerTracker 3 is defined as a specific limit, which is detected automatically from the hand history files as the hands are imported.
Limits look like "$2/$4" for a full ring fixed limit table with $2 small bet and $4 big bet ($1 and $2 blinds), or "$1 NL (6max)" for a 6 seat NL table with a $1 big blind. Information about antes and other tags such as "Cap" or "Rush" are included where appropriate too.
However, not all sites include all of the required information in the hand histories. In particular a lot of sites do not specify the maximum size of the table, only the number of active players. This can lead to sessions being classified incorrectly.
If you enable the 'Adjust Qualifying Tables Limits' option (see the Tutorial: Auto Import) then PT3 will infer the size of the table from the number of active players for these sites, but if you are playing at a full ring table with only 6 active players the session will be classed as 6-max. Conversely if you do not have Adjust Qualifying Tables Limits enabled then a 6-max table may be classed as full ring.
Occasionally a site will update their software and change the format of their hand histories and this can sometimes lead to sessions being classified incorrectly too.
If you have any sessions which are imported with the wrong limit you can correct this using the Adjust Limits window.
- If you think the hand history has enough information but the limit is incorrect in PT3 please send us the hand history file via the Support system.
To open the Adjust Limits window select Database > Database Management from the PT3 menu, select the appropriate database and click Adjust Limits.
Using the Adjust Limits window
This is the Adjust Limits window - to use it you select your game type, one of the players who was in the session you want to change (usually yourself) and then the session(s) before selecting the new session information and clicking Change Limit. See below for more detail.
- Select your game type, either Holdem or Omaha, by clicking the tabs at the top left.
- Select a player in the Players section on the left either by typing the name in search box and clicking Find or by scrolling the list of players. Usually you will select your own screenname here, but if it is an observed session then select one of the active players.
- You will then see a list of sessions played by that player in the Sessions section in the middle.
Select the session or sessions that you want to update by clicking on it.
You can shift-click or control-click to select multiple sessions.
If you select multiple sessions then they will all have the same limit name applied.
- Finally use the Limit section on the right to define the new limit information.
If you want to change to a limit name which is already in your database then you can select it from the "Existing" dropdown list.
Alternatively you can build up the limit name from any combination of Currency, Structure, Blinds, Modifiers, Seats and Antes using the options in the Custom section.
However you choose to define the new limit the changes will be shown in the Preview section at the bottom.
If even the custom options do not allow you to select the exact limit name you want to see (such as if a site has added a new table type which PT3 doesn't initially recognize, or if you want to label the sessions as "deep", for instance) then you can type into the Preview field to define your own limit names.
- When you are happy with the limit name shown in the Preview field click Change Limit to make the change to the selected sessions.