PT3 Commercial Release FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions/Answers, Tutorials, and Common How To's

Moderator: Moderators

PT3 Commercial Release FAQ

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 03, 2008 8:30 am

The initial commercial release was 15 May 2008.

How does will PT3 cost?
$89.99.
There is also a micro-stakes version for $44.99 which can later be upgraded to the full version if you move up to higher stakes, and a Party Poker only version available via the Party Points store.

How do I buy it?
Visit the Purchase Page - we have a choice of payment options. If none of these work for you please contact us via the Support system and we'll work something out with you.

Can I pay via PokerStars transfer? What about other sites?
We can only accept Credit Cards, PayPal, or MoneyBooker transfers. None of the poker sites will allow us to accept transfers on their site as payment for PokerTracker any longer. If you cannot purchase via one of the methods above, you have two options:
1. If you are not located in the United States, we have several FREE PokerTracker 3 offers simply by signing up and playing on Titan Poker (iPoker), TonyG Poker (iPoker), or RedKings Poker (OnGame).
2. Have a friend purchase PokerTracker 3 for you via one of the above methods. Once purchased, have him contact us with both of your full name's and email addresses and we will gladly transfer the registration code into your name and email address.

I want to update to the latest version, what do I need to do?
If you have a previous version installed, do not uninstall it, just make sure PT3 is not running. Download the "Without PostgreSQL" version (from the Download page), and install over the top of your previous installation.
Download and install PT3.

Is there a version I can try before I buy?
Yes, there is a 60 day free trial version available.
Download it here.
If you don't already have PostgreSQL installed, download the Full "With PostgreSQL" version; but if you do then you can just download the "Without PostgreSQL" version - you only need to install PostgreSQL once.
(PostgreSQL is the database that PT3 uses. If you don't know whether you have it installed, you probably don't, but have a look on the Start menu for a PostgreSQL folder to check.)

What restrictions does the trial version have?
The main restriction is that you can only use one new, automatically created database. The size of this database is not restricted so you can import all your previous hands from their hand histories to fully test PT3.
Once you register PT3 you will be able to access the database you created in the trial version and continue to use it seamlessly, but with the option to then create more databases as well.
You cannot use Custom Statistics.
You will also get a lag screen at startup and shutdown (of PT3).

If I previously bought PT2 or PAHud, will I get a discount on PT3?
Yes, see the FAQ for details.
NOTE:If you buy PT3 for the full price you will get free licences to use PT2 and PAHud for the time being.
This is so that if PT3 does not yet support your site, or doesn't include functionality you require, or in some other way you can't use it, you can use PokerTracker 2 and PAHud in the meantime.
See the Purchase Page for details on purchasing.

Which sites does PT3 work with?
Click here for supported sites.

When will my site be added?
Sorry, we can't give any firm timescales.
New sites will be added based on their size as listed on this site, see this topic for further discussion.

Will there be a version of PT3 for Mac and/or Linux?
The native Mac version is due for intial beta release around the end of 2009 but we don't have a timescale for a linux version yet.
WhiteRider

Return to FAQs, Tutorials, and How To's [Read Only]