GTECH G2 now saving histories as .db instead of xml

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: GTECH G2 now saving histories as .db instead of xml

Postby micou88 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:09 pm

i also play on playnow new software which is OKpoker for Quebec. i tried to importa hand from disk and it did.
is there any solution that PT4 can show ingame stats or anything?
micou88

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:06 am

The development team are currently discussing whether to enable auto import for these hands but since they're not saved live as you play I'm not yet sure what the decision will be. If you want to be notified should we enable this please open a Support Ticket.
WhiteRider

Postby thewsen » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 pm

WhiteRider wrote:The development team are currently discussing whether to enable auto import for these hands but since they're not saved live as you play I'm not yet sure what the decision will be. If you want to be notified should we enable this please open a Support Ticket.

Thanks for the response WhiteRider but I would like to point out to everyone that this is not entirely true. Although you are absolutely correct that the new client no longer automatically saves hands live, I have informed your development team of a workaround that allows the player to force the client to save hands live during play.

Every table has a button on the top right that allows you to replay the last hand, this forces the client to write that hand to disk. I've been learning AHK scripting over the last few days and have so far created a few rudimentary scripts that help me partially automate this process. Unfortunately this fix would require work on the part of players as I believe everyone would have to manually create their own AHK script but if you guys could get auto import working this might be a way to re-enable HUDs across all Boss skins.

*EDIT*

I would just like to add that though AHK scripting would help with the automation process, it is not necessary to get hands during live play. Simply clicking the replay button will suffice
thewsen

Postby thewsen » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:52 am

I know that you guys can't officially support third party solutions but I was wondering if it would be alright for us to use this thread to post examples of AHK scripts that we can use to help automate this process?
thewsen

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:51 am

You can feel free to post any examples here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby thewsen » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Before I post these scripts I'll just give a quick explanation of what they do, what they don't do and some warnings. The two scripts I made work as a semi-automatic hand grabber. They allow you to download your hands to disk immediately after playing them without having to deal with the clunky hand replayer yourself. These scripts do not re-enable HUD use. Until the auto import issues are fixed there is nothing that we can do about that.

WARNING: Test these out on a small scale before using them. I have only tested these out on the OKPoker client downloaded through Loto Quebec. I have only tested these scripts on my PC. If you choose to use these scripts during real money play you do so at your own risk.

SCRIPT 1 REPLAY CLICKER:
Code: Select all
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
Mbutton::

MouseGetPos, PosX, PosY

MouseClick, left, ****, ****

Mouseclick, left, ****, ****

MouseMove, %PosX%, %PosY%

This example of the replay clicker is bound to the middle mouse button. If you don't like that you can change "Mbutton" to any key of your choice. This script essentially does 3 things.

1. When you click the middle mouse button the script first saves the current location of the mouse (MouseGetPos, PosX, PosY)

2. The script clicks every single replay button that you have programmed in. (Mouseclick, left, ****, ****)
The script above is only for 4 tables and I've only tested it up to 6 so far. You can add more "Mouseclick, left, ****, ****" commands for the total number of tables you plan on playing. You need to replace the **** with the X/Y screen coordinates of the location of the replay button. In order to get the screen coordinates, while AHK is running you can right click its icon on the taskbar and select "Window Spy." This opens up a window that gives you the current coordinates of your cursor. You will need the "Screen" coordinates for this script
I generally play 6-12 tables. Due to the way that the poker client tiles tables I will need to use 3 seperate scripts bound to 3 different buttons. One will be for grabbing hands when I have 5-6 tables, one for 7-9 tables, and the other for 10-12 tables.

3. The script returns your mouse pointer to its original location (MouseMove, %PosX%, %PosY%)

WARNING: This script will click the location you have programmed it to click whether there is a poker table there or not.

The big problem with this first script is that it will open up thousands of hand replay windows per hour, now we need a script that will close these windows automatically.

SCRIPT 2 Replay Closer:
Code: Select all
Loop
{
WinWait, Poker
WinClose, Poker
}

The name of the hand history replayer window is always "Poker." This script just runs in the background on a loop and closes replayer windows as they open. If you are playing on a different skin confirm the name of the hand history replayer for yourself before you use the script. If it's different you can simply replace "Poker" with the name.

WARNING: This script not only closes the replay window but any window whose title starts with the word “poker.” For some reason it does not close the pokertracker4 window, but it does close any web browser whose title starts with poker.
WARNING: WinWait makes the script wait before closing the window (default time = .5 second). I originally created a script that closed the window instantly but it caused severe stability problems and repeated client crashes. Modify the timings at your own risk.

Note: These scripts require autohotkey. You can download it at: https://www.autohotkey.com/
thewsen

Postby Canadian_Kidxxx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:51 pm

thewsen wrote:I know that you guys can't officially support third party solutions but I was wondering if it would be alright for us to use this thread to post examples of AHK scripts that we can use to help automate this process?

Did you find a way to get the HUD to work?
Canadian_Kidxxx

Postby yodathewise » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:28 pm

I've got two questions:
1. Does the HUD no longer work on PlayNow or is there a work around for being able to use this?
2. Any update from @WhiteRider if there has been a work around to be able to obtain hands from disc?

Not familiar with scripting but seems like you guys are able to obtain hand history now. Cool work around.

Thanks
yodathewise

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:17 am

1. Hands are not saved as you play therefore a HUD isn't supported.

2. Files created via the GTECH replayer can be manually imported into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. I don't know if auto import will be enabled for these hands but you can open a Support Ticket to get notified of any change in this regard.
Flag_Hippo

Postby yodathewise » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:53 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:1. Hands are not saved as you play therefore a HUD isn't supported.

2. Files created via the GTECH replayer can be manually imported into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. I don't know if auto import will be enabled for these hands but you can open a Support Ticket to get notified of any change in this regard.

Thank you, appreciate the update.
yodathewise

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4