Can't log-in/Connect to database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Can't log-in/Connect to database

Postby quaddeuces » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:23 pm

When I start PT4 it won't let me log-in/connect to my database and this error pops up. Not sure what the problem is. Any ideas/solution?
Attachments
PT4err.JPG
PT4error.JPG
quaddeuces

Re: Can't log-in/Connect to database

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:21 am

You are using port 5690 for PostgreSQL? The default port on PostgreSQL installs is 5432. You can also try delete the postmaster.pid file if it is present (not "postmaster.opts" which may be there too). You can find that file in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\ although you may have a different PostgreSQL version (e.g. 9.0, 9.6). Once it's deleted, reboot and try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that does not help then click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? What is its 'Status' and 'Startup Type'?
Flag_Hippo

Postby quaddeuces » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:07 am

When I go to services I don't see PostgreSQL in the list.

Also, when I try to create a new database I get this message:
Attachments
ewasdf.JPG
quaddeuces

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:29 am

If you don't have a PostgreSQL service then you will need to download and install PostgreSQL. PokerTracker 4 supports up to version 10 but bear in mind that if you have existing PostgreSQL data on your computer that you want to reconnect to then you will need to download and install the same PostgreSQL version as before.
Flag_Hippo

Postby villon7 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:10 am

What do you do once you click on that link in last post please? I am having same problem. Thanks.
villon7

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:54 pm

villon7 wrote:What do you do once you click on that link in last post please? I am having same problem.

If you have confirmed that PostgreSQL is not installed via Windows services then you will need to download PostgreSQL from that link and install/reinstall it. Version 10 on that page is recommended but if you have data you are trying to recover then you would need to install the same version of PostgreSQL that was being used before.
Flag_Hippo

Postby villon7 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:25 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
villon7 wrote:What do you do once you click on that link in last post please? I am having same problem.

If you have confirmed that PostgreSQL is not installed via Windows services then you will need to download PostgreSQL from that link and install/reinstall it. Version 10 on that page is recommended but if you have data you are trying to recover then you would need to install the same version of PostgreSQL that was being used before.

Is there a thread on here (or youtube video) that explains this in more detail please?
villon7

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:48 am

There is a guide for manually installing PostgreSQL here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby villon7 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:57 am

Cheers.
villon7

Postby villon7 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:51 am

Another problem I noticed is that for my MTT graph results it's showing my BB/100 as 1283.59 and the graph looks like it was drawn by an etch a sketch :mrgreen: and my results (Net C won) as -£342 on s straight down graph when I've been winning. The cash game stuff is all accurate though. How can I correct this please?
villon7

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4