Common for WPN MTT results to not import correctly?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Common for WPN MTT results to not import correctly?

Postby bnahms » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:50 pm

for as long as I've had PT4 (about a year), the MTT results are normally incomplete and/or incorrect. For example, a $15 + $1.50 MTT with a 150 player field might import as $21.36 + $3.53 with 91 players. Also, upon completion of all my MTTs and when all hands are imported, I choose "stop getting hands" and I'm told that PT4 has detected a large number of tournaments or hands to import (cant remember which). If I choose no, all $ amounts are blank which gives me a clean slate to add in all my $s for buy ins, prizes, etc. If I choose yes, my manual entries get overwritten and replaced with random results like above.

All hands are imported accurately and IMO, that's most important. And I can rely on myself to add in $ amounts manually. But it would be nice to know if there's a fix for this or if this is just a fact of life with WPN. Thanks
bnahms

Re: Common for WPN MTT results to not import correctly?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:41 pm

WPN tournament summary files do not contain complete tournament summary data so some information will need to be manually entered into PokerTracker 4. We have been in contact with WPN about adding the extra required information but I don't if/when they will make any changes in that regard. With regards to the message you are receiving when you stop getting hands that shouldn't be happening all the time and that indicates a possible configuration and/or database issue so please enable logging in PokerTracker 4, reproduce that message and then send your log file to us in a Support Ticket:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File

You can access the 'Logs' folder with the log file by clicking 'File --> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window and the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4