Ignition Satellites

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Ignition Satellites

Postby tmeyerspoker » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:53 pm

In the vein of my previous inquiry - when I use a satellite ticket to play an MTT for free it still subtracts the normal buy-in from the record even though I didn't pay anything. I understand that I can edit the tournament results but is there any other advice on recording satellites (specifically from Ignition) on PT4 accurately?

Thanks.
tmeyerspoker

Re: Ignition Satellites

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:54 am

Are you recording the value of the target tournament as winnings in the satellite? If your winnings in the satellite is in the form of a ticket (or money towards a buy-in) then any winnings recorded there will be offset by the entry fee into the target tournament.
Flag_Hippo

Postby tmeyerspoker » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:24 am

I've been playing satellites less but basically I win a ticket at the satellite, which it doesn't count as winnings because it isn't cash so it just subtracts the satellite buy-in. This is all well and good since it's an investment that hasn't turned into money yet. But when I use, say, a $30 ticket to play an MTT it will subtract $30 from my bottom line anyway. It's possible you've already gathered all this and I'm just missing something--thanks.
tmeyerspoker

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:25 pm

It isn't currently possible to differentiate between real money won and tournament tickets so I am suggesting that you enter the value of the ticket won as winnings in the satellite tournament. This then offsets the buy-in of the target tournament and if you do not cash there then your overall net loss over the two tournaments is just the buy-in for the original satellite.
Flag_Hippo

Postby tmeyerspoker » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:18 am

Gotcha, that does make sense. Thank you.
tmeyerspoker

Return to PokerTracker 4