Pokerstars "Hands Dealt" does not match Pokertracker import

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Pokerstars "Hands Dealt" does not match Pokertracker import

Postby uci8762 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Hello,

I import hands while I play, but the Pokertracker imported hands number in the bottom right is consistently 5-15 hands lower than the "Hands Dealt" amount visible under "Stats" on the Pokerstars table.

I play Zoom.

I know hands aren't always instantly counted, because when you fold in zoom, you get a new hand, but the hand isn't imported until there's a hand history, and the hand history isn't created until the hand has been finished by all players. With that said, the imported number never seems to correct itself.
uci8762

Re: Pokerstars "Hands Dealt" does not match Pokertracker imp

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:50 am

uci8762 wrote:I import hands while I play, but the Pokertracker imported hands number in the bottom right is consistently 5-15 hands lower than the "Hands Dealt" amount visible under "Stats" on the Pokerstars table.

That is normal and the average difference will depend on the number of tables you are playing at the time, how quickly you fast fold and the table type (HU, 6max, full ring).
uci8762 wrote:I know hands aren't always instantly counted, because when you fold in zoom, you get a new hand, but the hand isn't imported until there's a hand history, and the hand history isn't created until the hand has been finished by all players.

Exactly. When you fast fold the 'Hands Dealt' number in PokerStars instantly goes up by one but PokerTracker 4 doesn't import the hand until the hand has been finished by the remaining players.
uci8762 wrote:With that said, the imported number never seems to correct itself.

It will catch up but will only be able to do so when you sit out from all your Zoom tables and wait for a minute or two - I've tested this on multiple occasions and again just now and the numbers match at the end of a session. If you close the tables before any fast folded hands are completed by other players then PokerStars will not write the complete hand history to your computer and PokerTracker 4 will not import it.

Also bear in mind that if you play multiple Zoom tables then the 'Hands Dealt' number is from all tables but PokerStars doesn't refresh the statistics from all tables at all times so you may see different numbers at each table in the 'Stats' box depending on whether you are playing a hand through to the river on one table and fast folding quickly on another. Also the order in which you sit out from your tables will affect the number displayed and only the table from which you sit out last will display the higher number.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Pokerstars "Hands Dealt" does not match Pokertracker imp

Postby uci8762 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:17 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:
uci8762 wrote:If you close the tables before any fast folded hands are completed by other players then PokerStars will not write the complete hand history to your computer and PokerTracker 4 will not import it.

This

Thank you. I will not close my tables next session and see if it works.

I never knew the full hand history wouldn't be produced if I exited the tables. Of course, they would most likely just be hands I folded preflop, but in some way, I feel like it would still alter statistics, even if it's in minor ways, if I keep missing upwards of 15 hands in my database at the end of every session.
uci8762

Return to PokerTracker 4