Interacting with PT4 programmatically

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Interacting with PT4 programmatically

Postby FragerZ » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:31 pm

I am writing a Java application which connects to the PT4 database and finds hand histories which fulfill certain criteria.

After, I want to replay these selected hands. Is there _any_ other way to replay a hand through PT4, other than to create a json request and pipe it to PT4 as per the 3rd party aps API?

Additionally, I thought that pipes were Windows only...? How do you do to communicate with PT4 on mac? I ask because I want my integration app to run on both OSs.

Thanks!
- Jordan
FragerZ

Re: Interacting with PT4 programmatically

Postby FragerZ » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Bump. Additionally, cash_hand_player_statistics has the fields

Code: Select all
amt_f_raise_made     - "Amount of this player's first raise on the flop"
amt_f_raise_made_2  - "Amount this player 3 or 4 bet on the flop (their last raise)."

However, how am I supposed to determine the amount of the player's second-last raise?
FragerZ

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 am

FragerZ wrote:Bump.

Can you please open a Support Ticket with any API queries. I haven't heard anything with regards to this question and I don't know how the API works myself.
FragerZ wrote:However, how am I supposed to determine the amount of the player's second-last raise?

Unfortunately I don't know of a method to achieve that with the current database schema.
Flag_Hippo

Postby FragerZ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:31 pm

Thanks Hippo.

One last question... even though you may not be able to answer it ;)

Does PT4 replay a hand by using the cash_hand_history.history hand replay text dump itself, or does it load fields from the cash_hand_summary/statistics/blah tables and build a replay?

I ask because if PT4 just uses the text history dump, it means that it doesn't rely on it's own parsing of the flop/turn/river fields stored in the summary/statistics table, and thus I probably shouldn't either.

Thanks
FragerZ

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 01, 2021 3:09 am

The Replayer re-reads the hand history text.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4