PT4 re-install with PostgreSQL?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 re-install with PostgreSQL?

Postby Viegaard » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi.

I used to have PT4 + SQL but deleted both.

Now when I try to re-install PT4 it doesn't ask me if I wanna install the SQL also? Is there a way to reset it so the PT4 installer again will install SQL for me?

Best Regards, Viegaard.
Viegaard

Re: PT4 re-install with PostgreSQL?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:22 am

Please make sure all elements of previous PostgreSQL installs have been removed by following this tutorial and then manually download and install PostgreSQL v9.6 available from here. Right-mouse-button on the PostgreSQL file you download and select "Run as administrator" to start the reinstall and for the password boxes use "dbpass" (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If you receive confirmation that the install was successful then at the end of the PostgreSQL install you remove the check mark from the "Stackbuilder" option as these features are not needed for PokerTracker.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Viegaard » Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Please make sure all elements of previous PostgreSQL installs have been removed by following this tutorial and then manually download and install PostgreSQL v9.6 available from here. Right-mouse-button on the PostgreSQL file you download and select "Run as administrator" to start the reinstall and for the password boxes use "dbpass" (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If you receive confirmation that the install was successful then at the end of the PostgreSQL install you remove the check mark from the "Stackbuilder" option as these features are not needed for PokerTracker.

I need to make an account there and subscribe/pay for it?

Can't I get the Pokertracker 4 installer to install it again?
Viegaard

Postby WhiteRider » Sun May 02, 2021 3:01 am

No, you do not need to make an account or pay/subscribe for PostgreSQL.

The PT4 installer will not install PostgreSQL again once it has been installed previously, but the manual PostgreSQL install is straightforward if you follow the steps in the guide that Flag_Hippo linked. If you have any problems open a Support Ticket and one of our support techs will work with you to resolve your issue.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4