Any way to purge hands faster?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Any way to purge hands faster?

Postby OKCFTWVA » Mon May 03, 2021 2:02 am

Currently cleaning up my database and purging some sessions between two dates and its taking very long just to purge about 10k hands. Initial process took 4 hours and the following cache update took 12 hours. Is there something I can do to speed this up?
OKCFTWVA

Re: Any way to purge hands faster?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 am

OKCFTWVA wrote:Is there something I can do to speed this up?

There isn't a simple method to speed things up. Purging is a very involved process and how long it takes depends on many factors including database size, disk speed, type of hands and free space. If your database is on a slow HDD then transferring it to a faster disk drive such as an SSD would make things faster.
OKCFTWVA wrote:Currently cleaning up my database and purging some sessions between two dates and its taking very long just to purge about 10k hands. Initial process took 4 hours and the following cache update took 12 hours.

You mean you have more sessions to do between these two dates? Then instead of purging sessions bit by bit you can purge between specific dates on the 'Advanced' tab. After each purge the database cache needs to be rebuilt as well as vacuumed to reclaim the disk space so if you run multiple purges that is just going to prolong the process. Also if you want to remove a significant proportion of the hands you may well find it faster to just import the hands you want to keep into to a new database.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4