BetMGM Sync

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

BetMGM Sync

Postby MyLastGamble » Wed May 05, 2021 10:46 am

So I live in Michigan and have been playing on PokerStars MI for a few months now, which has been great. I am looking to deposit in a few more sites to give myself a little more variety and availability in some games. I downloaded BetMGM and did my first deposit, and am trying to sync it up with my PT4 software. Does anyone know if this client is supported? It runs off of the party poker engine however I don't think that's enough for it to recognize BetMGM. Thanks in advanced!
MyLastGamble

Re: BetMGM Sync

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed May 05, 2021 1:06 pm

If BetMGM is using partypoker software then the setup should be similar to this:

PartyPoker Configuration Guide

however not all these clients offer the option to save hand histories as you play. If the option is offered they should get saved here:

C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\HandHistory

The specific folder names for you will be different but should still be in C:\Programs and then in PokerTracker 4 go to 'Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> partypoker'. Use the 'Add' button to manually select the correct hand history folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby CCGwald » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:30 pm

Hey MyLastGamble,

I am also in Michigan and currently on Poker Stars. I saw your early post, can you tell me were you able to get PT4 to work on BetMGM?
CCGwald

Postby core » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:If BetMGM is using partypoker software then the setup should be similar to this:

PartyPoker Configuration Guide

however not all these clients offer the option to save hand histories as you play. If the option is offered they should get saved here:

C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\HandHistory

Yep, they use the partypoker software but the path will be C:\Programs\BetMGMMI\BetMGMPokerMI\HandHistory. PT4 had no trouble automatically finding the folder for me and configuration was just as easy as other sites.

A new issue however is that they just added Spins and the hand histories for those tournaments aren't displaying properly. It's storing and processing the handhistories ok but it's not showing the tourney number, and all the tournaments are merged into one game with the tourney number left blank and an incorrect "C Net Won." It looks like the betmgm software isn't listing the tournament number and blinds at the beginning of each hand like it does for regular tournaments. Is there a workaround or should I start a new ticket?

CCGwald wrote: can you tell me were you able to get PT4 to work on BetMGM?

Yes, I've been using it and have successfully logged about 3000 tournaments since May. Spins are new, so there are a few issues as listed above, but everything else logs properly.
core

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:26 am

core wrote:It looks like the betmgm software isn't listing the tournament number and blinds at the beginning of each hand like it does for regular tournaments. Is there a workaround or should I start a new ticket?

I recommend contacting your poker site regarding that bug so they can fix it. If there isn't a tournament number specified then these hands in PokerTracker 4 will all appear as a single tournament with no tournament number. Purging that single tournament will remove all of the hands and then they can be reimported if your poker site can provide files with the correct tournament numbers as they do with their other tournaments.
Flag_Hippo

Postby core » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:25 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:
core wrote:It looks like the betmgm software isn't listing the tournament number and blinds at the beginning of each hand like it does for regular tournaments. Is there a workaround or should I start a new ticket?

I recommend contacting your poker site regarding that bug so they can fix it. If there isn't a tournament number specified then these hands in PokerTracker 4 will all appear as a single tournament with no tournament number. Purging that single tournament will remove all of the hands and then they can be reimported if your poker site can provide files with the correct tournament numbers as they do with their other tournaments.

Ok, but first I'd like to make sure that is in fact the problem. Here is an example of a regular HH that works and the Spin HH that doesn't:

CORRECT REGULAR TOURNAMENT HAND HISTORY:
Game #268856759 starts.

#Game No : 268856759
***** Hand History for Game 268856759 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $5 USD Buy-in Trny: 109268509 Level: 1 Blinds(20/40) - Monday, September 20, 12:01:02 EDT 2021
Table $5 Turbo 6max (109268509) - Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6/6
Seat 6: B*** ( 2,000 )
Seat 2: C*** ( 2,000 )
Seat 5: H*** ( 2,000 )
Seat 3: M*** ( 2,000 )
Seat 4: S***( 2,000 )
Seat 1: t***( 2,000 )
Trny: 109268509 Level: 1
Blinds(20/40)

INCORRECT SPIN TOURNAMENT HAND HISTORY:
Game #270462344 starts.

#Game No : 270462344
***** Hand History for Game 270462344 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $5 USD Buy-in (missing trny # and blind level) - Friday, October 08, 07:03:43 EDT 2021
Table $5 SPINS (109480803) - Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 3/3
Seat 1: K*** ( 500 )
Seat 2: R*** ( 500 )
Seat 3: t*** ( 500 )
Trny: 109480803 Level: 1
Blinds(10/20)

So while the Spin hand history doesn't list the Trny # and blind level in the beginning of each hand, it's still listed later on throughout the hand history. For some reason I'm a bit skepical that MGM will contact Partypoker on my behalf to change their programming to work with PT4, seems like it's always been the other way around.

I was under the impression that there was a fix in place to address this issue with partypoker spins, is it possible that that fix somehow isn't working with the betmgm skin?
core

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:37 am

Please send a sample of these tournaments to us in a Support Ticket with a link to your post. Thank you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby BoatBottom » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:34 pm

I also am having this same issue and have already had a ticket open for a couple of weeks. This issue is only happening for SPINS tournament type.
BoatBottom

Return to PokerTracker 4