PT4 is getting the wrong time

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 is getting the wrong time

Postby unknown_drifter » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:33 pm

This has been happening for years, very annoying. It thinks the time is 6 or 7 hours ahead of the current time. I don;t know why, my computer clock is set correctly and I can't see where I can correct it.
unknown_drifter

Re: PT4 is getting the wrong time

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Are you getting an error message from PokerTracker 4 regarding your computer clock? Or is it a timezone warning message regarding PostgreSQL everytime you start PokerTracker 4? If so what version of PostgreSQL are you using? Have you moved between timezones since installing it? If you are on PostgreSQL v9.2 or greater and installed PostgreSQL in another timezone you would need to update it as follows:

Guide: Alter the Time Zone in postgresql.conf

Or maybe your hands are importing with the incorrect time in PokerTracker 4? If so on what poker site? Since I am not sure exactly what the trouble is so can you please more specific details about this problem you are having and if necessary attach a screenshot of the issue.
Flag_Hippo

Postby unknown_drifter » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:48 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Are you getting an error message from PokerTracker 4 regarding your computer clock? Or is it a timezone warning message regarding PostgreSQL everytime you start PokerTracker 4? If so what version of PostgreSQL are you using? Have you moved between timezones since installing it? If you are on PostgreSQL v9.2 or greater and installed PostgreSQL in another timezone you would need to update it as follows:

Guide: Alter the Time Zone in postgresql.conf

Or maybe your hands are importing with the incorrect time in PokerTracker 4? If so on what poker site? Since I am not sure exactly what the trouble is so can you please more specific details about this problem you are having and if necessary attach a screenshot of the issue.

I haven't messed with postgresql or anything as far as I remember, it's just that the time shown is 6 or 7 hours into the future, and I want to know how I did today let's say - how many hands, how much did I made or lost, but I can't because PT4 thinks many of the hands are into the future since they're after midnight, although the real and computer clock are like 5 pm.

Using postgresql 8.4
unknown_drifter

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Can you please report this to us in a Support Ticket with all relevant information including your log file and a sample of the hands provided to you by your poker site:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

You can access the 'Logs' folder with the log file by clicking 'File --> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window and the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder. Your 'Processed' folder with your hand history files can also be accessed this way on a Windows machine.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4