Pt4 Alias lost

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Pt4 Alias lost

Postby vaibhav » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:55 pm

I did my purge for cash hands for certain dates. After that i can't see hud for specific players and it showing blank and not recording their hands either. The alias i created for them for different sites, the main id i cant even open on pt4 or any ids under them. Please tell the wayout to solve this mystery.
vaibhav

Re: Pt4 Alias lost

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:19 am

There is an issue whereby if all hands are purged for a main alias then hands for the secondary alias(es) are lost and unfortunately there isn't a way to undo that unless you have a recent database backup. If you don't have a backup then you will need to create a new database, reimport your hands using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' and reconfigure the aliases.
Flag_Hippo

Postby vaibhav » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:36 am

I tried exporting all hands to my computer and thn created new DB and moved all hands to new DB but then i see few players with zero previos hands in thr HUD, but i do have hands for them in my previos DB. Isnt thr any way i can collate data and create new DB and thn create alias for them all??? I really need support for this. i dnt wanna loose my DB
vaibhav

Postby vaibhav » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:45 am

pls tell me way out how i export all hands frm pt4 to PC frm old DB so i can get all my data for players and i will create alias thats fien with me. but data shuldnt be missing. I am happy to pay fee for this aswell..
vaibhav

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Those hands have been purged from that database so they cannot be exported from there anymore. If the hands were originally played on this computer then the original hand history files should be archived in your 'Processed' folder and you can reimport from those files instead:

Guide: Processed Files
Flag_Hippo

Postby GregXX » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:56 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:There is an issue whereby if all hands are purged for a main alias then hands for the secondary alias(es) are lost and unfortunately there isn't a way to undo that unless you have a recent database backup. If you don't have a backup then you will need to create a new database, reimport your hands using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' and reconfigure the aliases.

So much time has passed. Basically years! Is there any chance of this issue to be fixed in the nearest future? (I mean automatic splitting up all old aliased players during purging). I'm just quite confused with it, because now it's time to purge some of the oldest hands in my DB (to reduce the DB's size) and I am just afraid to do it, because there is a decent risk to lost some of oldish aliased players. It would be kind of helpful, if I could at least check, if there are some "risky" aliases, which should be broken manually before purging the oldest HHs, but there is no such tool neither... :cry:
GregXX

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:04 am

I don't have an update but I'll mention this issue again to the development team on your behalf.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4