Infinite Positional Awareness?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Infinite Positional Awareness?

Postby Deepfryer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Hello,

I've noticed that some HUD stats can have an infinity symbol for their value - so, why not for the PA stat?

Currently it uses 0.0 for players who have yet to play a hand from EP. But, that's a little misleading, because a low PA stat normally means that they have less positional awareness. 0.0 implies that they only play hands from EP and never from LP.

If they haven't played a hand yet from EP, then the PA value should be their % of hands played from LP divided by zero, resulting in infinity.
Deepfryer

Re: Infinite Positional Awareness?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:22 am

There can be a difference in output there depending on whether an action/opportunity has been recorded and actually has a value of zero versus the action/opportunity having not even happened yet. If you want to have a value of ∞ in this case you can do so with a custom statistic. Go to 'Configure -> Statistics', select the 'Preflop Positional Awareness' statistic, duplicate it via the 'Options' button on the 'Definition' tab, change the 'Format Type:' for the duplicate to 'Expression' and copy/paste this:

Code: Select all
if(cnt_p_open_opp_ep = 0, '∞', format_number ((cnt_p_rfi_btn / cnt_p_open_opp_btn) / (cnt_p_rfi_ep / cnt_p_open_opp_ep), 2, false, false))
Flag_Hippo

Postby Deepfryer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:27 am

Thanks. That worked for generating the infinity symbol, but now the number values for this stat always use 2 decimals, even if I change it to zero or 1 under HUD configuration -> Item Properties.
Deepfryer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:44 pm

The '2' in the expression I gave you is the number of decimals so you can change that according to your preference.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4