PT stops sites saving hands/summaries

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT stops sites saving hands/summaries

Postby zrex » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:36 am

Hello,

Been using PT for couple of days but seems like it prevents sites from saving hands and MTT summaries (ACR). Hands are automatic being saved to C:\Users\SOME_NAME\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed and ONLY there. Folders that I set are empty - no HH and no Summary.

So basically if i understand PT reads the hands saved there and archives and sends them to C:\Users\.... but if it stops them from being saved to where it has to, there are no hands to read, so I have to click on "Get hands while i am playing" every time in order to starts saving them, which is kinda annoying. I have already read and watched anything like setup related, but the problem still persists.

The main problem is tho that PT stops ACR from saving MTT summaries AT ALL, nothing in the folders, i see no summaries in C:\Users... aswell, so at this point i cannot load anything. Anyone with the same problems or someone who could help? I would like to stop PT from doing that, because 1st - i really NEED my summary and 2nd - would like to have a copy and to see them and hands being saved in the pokersite's directory as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
zrex

Re: PT stops sites saving hands/summaries

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:18 pm

zrex wrote:Been using PT for couple of days but seems like it prevents sites from saving hands and MTT summaries (ACR). Hands are automatic being saved to C:\Users\SOME_NAME\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed and ONLY there. Folders that I set are empty - no HH and no Summary.

PokerTracker 4 does not prevent sites from saving hand history files in those folders. If you look in those folders while you are playing you will see them there and PokerTracker 4 only moves them afterwards to the 'Processed' folder which is for performance reasons. If the files were not archived by PokerTracker 4 then the poker site hand history folder will accumulate hundreds/thousands of individual files over time which will cause issues when PokerTracker 4 is looking for the files for tables you are currently playing on and this can delay the HUD from appearing or cause PokerTracker 4 to freeze up:

Guide: Processed Files
zrex wrote:so I have to click on "Get hands while i am playing" every time in order to starts saving them, which is kinda annoying.

You do not have to click 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' for the poker site to save its hand history files. That is only required if you want to import your live hands into PokerTracker 4 and have a HUD on the tables.
zrex wrote:The main problem is tho that PT stops ACR from saving MTT summaries AT ALL, nothing in the folders, i see no summaries in C:\Users... aswell, so at this point i cannot load anything. Anyone with the same problems or someone who could help? I would like to stop PT from doing that, because 1st - i really NEED my summary and 2nd - would like to have a copy and to see them and hands being saved in the pokersite's directory as well.

By default ACR saves tournament summary files here:

C:\AmericasCardroom\TournamentSummary

PokerTracker 4 will also archive those files to your 'Processed' folder along with the hand history files (provided PokerTracker 4 is set to import from there via 'Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> Winning Poker Network'). I have not seen PokerTracker 4 prevent these files being created. Have you played a tournament without opening PokerTracker 4? Is a summary file created by ACR after that tournament finishes? If that's not happening that would be a question for ACR support but if you believe PokerTracker 4 to be causing an issue please report it to us:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4