Can´t run the PostSQL installer

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Can´t run the PostSQL installer

Postby MarcoCotas » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:10 am

When I try to install PokerTracke4 I´m having the error "Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? ".

After this I tried to install PostSQL but every time the installer opens, I get the elephant image and then....nothing happens.

Also followed the steps on your forum "https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/databases/how-to-manually-install-or-reinstall-postgresql-93-windows" but the problem keeps the same.
MarcoCotas

Re: Can´t run the PostSQL installer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:09 am

What version of PostgreSQL are you trying to install? Also click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.msc 

and click on it when it appears. Are there any PostgreSQL services in the list? If so which version(s)?
Flag_Hippo

Postby MarcoCotas » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:54 am

I´m trying to install 9.3.25 but at this point I´ve tried several others and the problem keeps the same.

I have run the "services.msc " command but don´t have any "PostSQL" in there.
MarcoCotas

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Make sure you are installing as an Administrator and that security software isn't interfering with the process otherwise please send us a log of a failed install attempt to us in a Support Ticket where a technican can assist you further:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\Temp\install-postgresql.log

If you do not see the AppData folder in Windows File Explorer then please refer to this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4