Accumulate player stats in HUD?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Accumulate player stats in HUD?

Postby DanMicke » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:30 am

Real Newbie question as I installed PT4 yesterday and have just tested HUD's in two tournaments on 888.

One thing I expected was that stats for a player would accumulate in the database so it was added up everytime you played on a table with him/her.
Guess that this really IS the case but I must have missed some crucial setting or?

Thing is that my stats on the tournament I was in today started from scratch. I was expecting to see stats from yesterdays play as a starting point, but it just counted hands from 0 again.

Please give me a shortcut to knowledge and tell me how to obatin that?
DanMicke

Re: Accumulate player stats in HUD?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:39 pm

DanMicke wrote:Real Newbie question as I installed PT4 yesterday and have just tested HUD's in two tournaments on 888.

One thing I expected was that stats for a player would accumulate in the database so it was added up everytime you played on a table with him/her.
Guess that this really IS the case but I must have missed some crucial setting or?

By default the HUD will display lifetime statistics for your opponents but if you have only played a couple of tournaments you might not have met the same player more than once yet.
DanMicke wrote:Thing is that my stats on the tournament I was in today started from scratch. I was expecting to see stats from yesterdays play as a starting point, but it just counted hands from 0 again.

Please give me a shortcut to knowledge and tell me how to obatin that?

Your own HUD are session only and this is by design. As your own number of hands increases your lifetime stats don't change much if at all between hands but your overall image may vary considerably depending on the cards you've been dealt or your opponents. If you want to see your lifetime stats for analysis purposes you can do so in your PokerTracker 4 reports or load up a hand (any hand) in the replayer and turn that option on via the 'Options' button.
Flag_Hippo

Postby DanMicke » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:49 pm

Thank's Hippo,

Explains a lot. As you say, with that few tournaments in the line I didn't expect to recall any of the other player nicks so that's why I tried to use my own stats as an example. But just now I was in a tournament where at least one player showed stats for more hands than my record of the same session. So it seems that player was in one of the other tournaments as well.

Just another newbie quest on the subject: When I've started up PT4 and then open a table to play on, does the recording of additional stats from that table start automatically or do I need to 'activate' it from the PT4 interface first? See a 'Get Hands While Playing' button in the 'Play Poker' section. Indicates to me that no hands will be captured if I don't activate it from that button? Would prefer a default start and it seems more logical so please give me a hint about that as well :).
DanMicke

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:33 am

To import those hands and display a HUD on the tables requires the selecting of 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' in PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4