Carbon Poker (Merge Network)

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Carbon Poker (Merge Network)

Postby SilverFerret » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:42 pm

Hello,
Recently Carbon poker did an update and essentially it was like a hard reboot of their site. All notes and color coding and table preferences were gone and it was back to as if it was the first time playing on the site. And with this, PT4 isn't tracking hands.
Are you aware of this? Seems like it wasn't meant to happen this way. Contacted Carbon and they have yet to get back with a response.
Thanks, Jim
SilverFerret

Re: Carbon Poker (Merge Network)

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:20 am

I am not currently seeing any other reports like this. Is your Carbon client still creating the hand history files PokerTracker 4 needs on your computer or not? If it is then is PokerTracker 4 setup to import from that location?

Merge (Carbon) Configuration Guide

If that is all setup then is PokerTracker 4 importing the hands or are errors being reported?

If your poker client is not creating the hand histories then that would be a question for your poker site support.

If it's creating the files but PokerTracker 4 is not importing them then send your sample to us in a Support Ticket.

If it's creating the files, PokerTracker 4 is importing them but the HUD isn't appearing then send us a log file in a Support Ticket that has recorded the issue:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File
Flag_Hippo

Postby SilverFerret » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:52 am

All I know is after an update PT4 stopped working with Carbon poker. It's not just me, a friends also stopped after the update.
I did hear back from Carbon and they said management decided to not allow third party companies collect or access data from their servers and that the decision was made a "long time ago"... so I'm not sure.
Appreciate you looking into this.
Jim
SilverFerret

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:09 am

SilverFerret wrote:I did hear back from Carbon and they said management decided to not allow third party companies collect or access data from their servers

PokerTracker 4 does not collect or access data directly from Carbon Poker servers. It imports the hands you play from the files that are saved locally to your machine by the Carbon Poker client.
SilverFerret wrote:Appreciate you looking into this.

I don't see a Support Ticket from you on this topic so please report this to us with your log file so we can see what is going on here:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo

Postby SilverFerret » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:14 am

I guess what I meant to say was that I appreciate your response.
Thanks, Jim
SilverFerret

Postby SilverFerret » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Just an update:
Even though the directory location was the same for the import location, after hitting "auto detect" it started loading old hands from after the Carbon Poker update.
Thanks
SilverFerret

Return to PokerTracker 4