Filter for facing bets of different sizings

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter for facing bets of different sizings

Postby camdenhu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:55 pm

I am trying to filter for hands where I face a flop bet of <33%, 33-75% and >75%, but using the filter for "Flop actions encountered with sizes" does not seem to work.
One particular example that illustrates this problem is that I get almost zero hands when I set facing flop bet between 50 and 100 percent of the pot.
I assume the problem exists for turn and river.

I also have problems creating a custom stat with a player's tag color, using the id_color field in the notes table.
I remembered looking into this and the problem was that the join condition was missing a field (probably player_id), so it was essentially doing a cartesian join which caused the problem.

Thank you.
camdenhu

Re: Filter for facing bets of different sizings

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:28 am

camdenhu wrote:I am trying to filter for hands where I face a flop bet of <33%, 33-75% and >75%, but using the filter for "Flop actions encountered with sizes" does not seem to work.
One particular example that illustrates this problem is that I get almost zero hands when I set facing flop bet between 50 and 100 percent of the pot.
I assume the problem exists for turn and river.

That looks like you are basing your percentages on the size of the bet made and not the bet faced which will be different and smaller. The percentage of the pot faced filter is how much a player has to call - it's the pot odds and the bet amount is included. For example if a player bets 100% of pot ($10 into $10) then the player facing that bet has to call 50% of the current pot:

(10 / 20) * 100 = 50%

This definition also distinguishes between situations where a bet has been called before the player or not as that changes the pot odds.
camdenhu wrote:I also have problems creating a custom stat with a player's tag color, using the id_color field in the notes table.
I remembered looking into this and the problem was that the join condition was missing a field (probably player_id), so it was essentially doing a cartesian join which caused the problem.

I am not familiar with this and I haven't seen any examples of custom statistics based on a players note color.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Filter for facing bets of different sizings

Postby camdenhu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Understood about the facing bets filter.

I took another look at the notes table and realized that it can also apply to hands, so it doesn't make sense to join to player_id without additional filters.
I guess I will settle without it then. Thank you for your help.
camdenhu

Return to PokerTracker 4