Something very wrong with my graph

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Something very wrong with my graph

Postby SolidRec » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:07 am

Hi guys, my Pokertracker graph completely mismatches the one on GG poker. There is a random drop at a certain point that isn't there on GG. Is this some kind of error??

https://ibb.co/mCpxNPy

(apologies for the link but it's not letting me insert the url to show the image in my post)
SolidRec

Re: Something very wrong with my graph

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:28 pm

The two graphs will not match since:

1. The number of hands isn't the same.

2. The GGPoker graph does not account for rake.

3. PokerTracker 4 does not support hands that are run more than twice or 'All-in or fold' hands.

I also don't know what, if any, filters are being used in your GGpoker client or PokerTracker 4. Other than that PokerTracker 4 imports information from the files GGPoker provides and I am not aware of a specific issue with that. You can also compare the data in your GGPoker hand history files with the information in your PokerTracker 4 database to verify the accuracy of individual hands imported.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SolidRec » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:17 am

No filters whatsoever. The PT4 sample is missing my latest few thousand hands from what I remember. Rake and all aside, nowhere in my GG graph at the 20-30k hand mark is there such a drastic decline in winrate as the one in the PT4 graph. Even if it's not a downward dip on the GG graph you can see the slope remains roughly the same and when it does go down it's not in the same place / the duration of the slope being down is different.
SolidRec

Postby SolidRec » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:57 am

I've tried reimporting and it's stuck on "updating the cache" (actually this happens every single time). Last time I had to force stop PT4 in task manger, could that have messed up the data in the graph I linked?
SolidRec

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:54 am

SolidRec wrote:No filters whatsoever. The PT4 sample is missing my latest few thousand hands from what I remember. Rake and all aside, nowhere in my GG graph at the 20-30k hand mark is there such a drastic decline in winrate as the one in the PT4 graph. Even if it's not a downward dip on the GG graph you can see the slope remains roughly the same and when it does go down it's not in the same place / the duration of the slope being down is different.

The data in PokerTracker 4 is easily verifiable and you can zoom in on the graph between any two points. Make sure to do that via 'View Stats -> Results -> Overview' so you can review the filtered sessions/hands as well and you can compare that with the details of the hand histories provided by GGPoker and/or data in the GGPoker client although I am not familiar with the GGPoker software and its interface but if it is highly customisable and can be searched/filtered in terms of zooming in on the graph and looking at individual sessions e.t.c. then you should be able to easily compare the data. Also if you are using a different 'My Currency' in PokerTracker 4 compared to the GGPoker currency then go to 'Database -> Currency' and make sure no sessions have an exchange rate of -1 as that could invert a graph in PokerTracker 4. If there are sessions like that select them and click the 'Set Rates' button to fetch the correct exchange rates. Finally if you think there is a problem you can report that to us in a Support Ticket with all relevant information and the hand history files provided to you by GGPoker.

SolidRec wrote:I've tried reimporting and it's stuck on "updating the cache" (actually this happens every single time). Last time I had to force stop PT4 in task manger, could that have messed up the data in the graph I linked?

If you've closed PokerTracker 4 while the cache was updating your database cache will not be in a good state until it completes. You can trigger it again via (Database -> Database Management -> Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild). Be prepared for this to take sometime if you have a large database, so you'll want to run it when you're not using PokerTracker 4 for a while. Make sure that your computer does not power itself off or go to sleep while it's running or you will need to run it again from the start. It's also normal for PokerTracker 4 to be unresponsive while the cache is being rebuilt so don't force stop it (PostgreSQL will be active in task manager indicating it is still going on). If you believe it's getting stuck then enable logging before you start the cache rebuild and send us your log file in a Support Ticket:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4