Windows 11 issue

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Windows 11 issue

Postby kdunlapmo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:55 am

Hi

I've encountered an issue on Windows 11 with PT4 (latest release).

The application randomly and periodically just disappears.

I have done some testing to try to narrow down when this occurs.

When I say "disappears", most of the time the GUI goes away (no it does not minimize to the Tray). It seems to ONLY occur after I have "Get Hands While Playing" enabled. It'll occur whether the ACR client is open or closed. I can see PokerTracker4.exe and PokerTrackerHud4.exe running in the background. The application stops importing hands and the HUD is still shown running on client tables (if the client is open).

Sometimes it happens within 1 min of having PT4 open and Get Hands While Playing has started, or it can happen 30 minutes later.

Very random. This was occurring prior to the latest ACR client updates as well, and only started happening after I installed Windows 11.

Anyone else experience this?
kdunlapmo

Re: Windows 11 issue

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:24 pm

I haven't seen any other similar reports at this time so can you please enable logging in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then send this file to us in a Support Ticket but only after you have reproduced the problem:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

If you do not see the AppData folder in Windows File Explorer then see this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Postby michel_ah89 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Hello, I installed windows 11 yesterday and I'm going through the same problem, have you found a solution?
michel_ah89

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:14 am

The OP discovered this was a Windows 11 issue with AMD CPUs and it was subsequently resolved with an update - see here. If that doesn't apply to you please report this to us in a Support Ticket with your log file:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo

Re: Windows 11

Postby Papá Noés » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello, I would just like to know which is the easiest process to update to Win 11, since my computer offers it to me. Do I need to uninstall PT4 before updating windows? Do I need to make a copy of the database?
Papá Noés

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:53 am

There is no need to uninstall anything but before making any major changes to your operating system we recommend backing up your existing poker data - see this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Deeewhite » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Hello,

I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 11.
Since the upgrade Pokertracker will sporadically stop tracking cards.
When I check my TaskManager, PokerTracker is no longer listed under the "Apps" and the Pokertracker icon is no longer in my system tray.
When I try to relaunch Pokertracker. I receive an unable to start error, the error message is "PokerTracker is already running"
If I look under "Background Processes" I can find PokerTracker listed.
If I highlight PokerTracker and select "End Task" it will remove PokerTracker from the background processes.
I can then relaunch the PokerTracker and I can see PokerTracker in my TaskManager under Apps.
PokerTracker will start working again as expected, and then it will stop again.
When I open TaskManager, PokerTracker is no longer listed under Apps and is now listed under background processes.

My computer's CPU is an 8th Gen Intel I7
Deeewhite

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:53 am

Please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4.
If this happens again attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket before you run PT4 again so that we can see what is going on.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem
WhiteRider

Postby Deeewhite » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:43 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4.
If this happens again attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket before you run PT4 again so that we can see what is going on.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem

If it happens again???? It hasn't stopped happening since I upgraded to Windows 11.
PT4 lasts between 5-15 minutes before it freezes/disables/stops working.
Deeewhite

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:54 pm

Then please send us a log file so that we can see what is going on.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4