Serious problem with timezone change

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Serious problem with timezone change

Postby Finfunfanfo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I installed PT4 when I lived in Italy, but now I live in Toronto, Canada, and when I start PT4 it tells me this:

"The timezone on your computer and the timezone used by Postgres, the database server, do no match"

So I used your guide here https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/databases/how-to-manually-install-or-reinstall-postgresql-93-windows#traveling-between-time-zones-while-using-postgresql-93 ,

but when I change the timezone from CET to EDT, PT4 don't run anymore and tells me this:

"Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connectiom refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

When I re-put timezone back to CET, PT4 runs but my stats time are 6 hours forward.

What can I do? Is EDT timezone correct for Toronto? or I have to use an other word?

Thanks to help me.
Finfunfanfo

Re: Serious problem with timezone change

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:39 am

Finfunfanfo wrote:What can I do? Is EDT timezone correct for Toronto? or I have to use an other word?

The guide links to the list of tz database time zones and you need to use the exact text as listed under 'TZ database name' for the timezone entry which for Toronto is:

Code: Select all
America/Toronto
Flag_Hippo

Postby Finfunfanfo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:20 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:The guide links to the list of tz database time zones and you need to use the exact text as listed under 'TZ database name' for the timezone entry which for Toronto is:

Code: Select all
America/Toronto

Thanks a lot Flag_Hippo, it works!!
Finfunfanfo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:13 pm

Pleased to hear it and thanks for the update.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4