FATAL ERROR: Unable to execute query

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

FATAL ERROR: Unable to execute query

Postby ATavares89 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Hi guys,

Recently I purged some hands and in the final process showed me this Error (image attached). Since this, my HUD doesn't work fine (doesn't show the stats, sometimes neither the HUD is appear). What I can do? just don't say that I'll have to delete my DB e start again.

Thanks for your concern

ATavares89
Attachments
PT4 Error.png
Fatal Error
ATavares89

Re: FATAL ERROR: Unable to execute query

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:17 am

That errors suggests data corruption and that at least one PostgreSQL folder/file is missing:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\pg_clog\0041

Data corruption can occur from mistakenly deleting files manually, 'cleanup' programs, a computer crash/powercut while the database was active and/or faulty hardware. If you have a recent database backup you can restore from that otherwise you would need to create a new database and reimport your hands using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your files to your 'Processed' folder which you can access via the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option:

Guide: Processed Files

If you need to create a new database I'd also recommend uninstalling PostgreSQL v9.3 since it has reached its end of life and installing PostgreSQL v10 instead.
Flag_Hippo

Postby ATavares89 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:08 am

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

Just to confirm, should I download POSTGRESQL version 10.18 since my PC is x64?

Andrei
Attachments
SQL.png
ATavares89

Postby ATavares89 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:14 am

Wouldn't it be better to get the most updated version already on this site?
ATavares89

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:27 am

ATavares89 wrote:Just to confirm, should I download POSTGRESQL version 10.18 since my PC is x64?

Yes.
ATavares89 wrote:Wouldn't it be better to get the most updated version already on this site?

PokerTracker 4 doesn't support anything higher than PostgreSQL v10 at this time and it isn't compatible with some of the features present in the newest PostgreSQL versions.
Flag_Hippo

Postby ATavares89 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:55 pm

Hi, I did everything you said, downloaded the new verseion of PostGreSQL (v 10) and restart import all the hands again. When I finished, I just did purged hands and thereafter I clicked on vacuum full to reclaim space in DB and, to my surprise, showed me this error :o :oops: (image attached)

What can I do?

Thanks
Attachments
Erro.png
ATavares89

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:05 am

Please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4. Reproduce the problem and then attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket so that we can see what is going on.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4