Pokerstars hands not importing

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Pokerstars hands not importing

Postby orangepeeleo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:17 pm

As of an update today it seems Pokerstars hands aren't importing correctly. I have Stars setup correctly and it was saving the HH from a session today, but they weren't being imported using the 'Get hands while playing' option. They did import after the session when I chose the Get hands from disk method??
orangepeeleo

Re: Pokerstars hands not importing

Postby poostix145 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Glad i saw this post, I have just joined 888poker today and thought the failure to import from Pokerstars was as a result of adding that site - but it seems it may not be. Thinking about it it was after the client update that hands failed to im[port.
poostix145

Postby jspaceman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:42 pm

The same has just happened to me with cash games on PokerStars UK following the update today (Build 45472). It looks like the update has changed the naming of the hand history files. Previously a file was created for each table named as:
HHyyyymmdd tablename – stakes – USD No Limit Hold’em.txt (I can't remember just now whether Stars previously used a .txt extension or whether PT4 added them after processing)
Following today’s update there is just a single HH file named:
HHyyyymmdd (no file extension)
The hand history format appears to be unchanged within the file, but the single file contains the history for all tables played today. PT4 isn’t importing any hands from this file and it’s just being left in the HH folder.
jspaceman

Postby mitchy1777 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm

jspaceman wrote:The same has just happened to me with cash games on PokerStars UK following the update today (Build 45472). It looks like the update has changed the naming of the hand history files. Previously a file was created for each table named as:
HHyyyymmdd tablename – stakes – USD No Limit Hold’em.txt (I can't remember just now whether Stars previously used a .txt extension or whether PT4 added them after processing)
Following today’s update there is just a single HH file named:
HHyyyymmdd (no file extension)
The hand history format appears to be unchanged within the file, but the single file contains the history for all tables played today. PT4 isn’t importing any hands from this file and it’s just being left in the HH folder.

This appears to be the issue. If you just add .txt to that file, PT will then import them, but when you play another hand on PokerStars, it creates a new file with no extension, which would make me think it's a PokerStars problem.
mitchy1777

Postby Hocalico » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Hands also not importing from PS in real time into Poker Copilot after today’s update. So does look like a PS issue (??)
Hocalico

Postby kevs3d » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Hocalico wrote:Hands also not importing from PS in real time into Poker Copilot after today’s update. So does look like a PS issue (??)

Same here, was working yesterday, but no longer working today.
kevs3d

Postby 1krazymofo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Having the same problem today, and as its in a hidden file when you go to manually import them, I have to open the file from PokerStars, where it says "open folder" then I have to select all - copy and paste into a new folder and then import from there. its all a bit long :(

Although I'm relieved its not just me, so then there will be a fix, I don't understand why Its broke, the hand history goes to the same place :L
1krazymofo

Postby Random1002 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Hocalico wrote:Hands also not importing from PS in real time into Poker Copilot after today’s update. So does look like a PS issue (??)

I dont think a Stars priority is to not break PokerTracker :D they're free to change their software however they want......
Random1002

Postby Random1002 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 pm

Looks like Stars have reverted back to build 44890. I had a few other problems today - I turned off player avatars but they kept appearing, Aurora animations started to appear (dropping coins when making the money). Must be their worst untested "upgrade" ever.

Watch out this, problem may reoccur depending on how they branch the software in the future
Random1002

Return to PokerTracker 4