PT4 not reading hands copied into .txt doc

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 not reading hands copied into .txt doc

Postby BalearicBluff » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 am

Hi there,

I never use Stars so didn't have the 'save hands' setting clicked. I've just put in a Zoom session and really want the hands on my database.

Stars will email you the hand history text. I copy and pasted this into Notepad to create a .txt document. PT4 seems to read the hands from this .txt document (i.e. successful import of the hands) but it doesn't go over onto my actual results at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks a lot
BalearicBluff

Re: PT4 not reading hands copied into .txt doc

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:50 pm

If these are the first PokerStars hands you've imported then have you changed the active player in PokerTracker 4 to your PokerStars screenname?

Guide: Changing the Active Player

If you are using the correct name then make sure you don't have any filters or tags active that would prevent that data from appearing otherwise please attach a screenshot of your entire PokerTracker 4 report window either here or privately in a Support Ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby BalearicBluff » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:58 pm

Ah thank you, I wasn't doing that.

I can now see the hands, but they are classified as '5NL FAST' on Stars, whereas on Party it's just '5NL'. I also don't know how amalgamate two active players' results (as they are both me), or if that's even possible?

Apologies for basic questions. I've only ever played one site since using PT4... (Party)

Thanks!
BalearicBluff

Postby BalearicBluff » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:54 am

I've now figured this out, found an older post about adding aliases. Thanks for reply!
BalearicBluff

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:05 am

BalearicBluff wrote:I can now see the hands, but they are classified as '5NL FAST' on Stars, whereas on Party it's just '5NL'.

Unfortunately Partypoker do not specify hands are from Fast tables in their downloaded files.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4