GGpoker rake

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

GGpoker rake

Postby mitchelvdlinde » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:39 am

Hi everyone,

This is my fist post on this forum. Cause I'm from the Netherlands and almost all sites are illegal I have to play on GGpoker. I play the rush and cash format on 25NL and I import all hands that I have played on PT4. Now I seem to have a problem with the rake I pay and the rake back I get, there is a big difference between the rake PT 4 showing and the rake GGpoker says I pay, this makes me only get 1/3 of the rake back bonuses. It mainly concerns the fixed deposit bonus, I should get 20% rake back (every $5 I pay rake I should get $1 back) from this deposit bonus, this rake back is fixed and shouldn't change on the PVI you are getting like the fish buffet.

Now I have had contact with customer support and they say: "the rake attribution on pokertracker 4 is not setting up the rake requirements that are linked to GGpoker. PT is good for observing our own gameplay and find leaks. I would not rely on third party software for rake calculation as rake differs from different software."

Now I have collected some data from 28 and 29 Nov I have played 6620 hands and My C Won was -$2,49, my rake Attrib was $100,49 (Export from Pokercraft and importert in PT4). But I only got bonusses from $35 rake what is a really big difference. I know that My C Won is correct cause it was the same as the difference between balance end of 29 Nov and balance begin 28 Nov. Anyone that plays on GGpoker knows they have a tool to track your winnings prerake, named Pokercraft. I have filtered my winnings on pokercraft for 28 and 29 November (played exactly 6620 hands on pokercraft so no difference between hands played) and it says I have won $108,37. So with a basic calculation winnings prerake - actual winnings I can calculate my rake paid that should be around $110. So the rake PT4 says I'm paying is a lot more likely then the rake GGpoker says im paying.

So there is a big difference between I think the rake I have paid and the rake GGpoker says I'm paying. With this problem the rake back im getting is close to 15% instead of the 50% they promised, It's impossible for me to play a lot of volume on GGpoker with this rakeback and the high rake structur (even paying rake preflop) and I can't change sites cause they are illegal.

How certain can we be that the rake PT4 says is the correct rake that we pay? Are there more people with this problem on GGpoker? I hope someone knows a bit more stuff about this and can explain to me what is going.
mitchelvdlinde

Re: GGpoker rake

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:18 am

mitchelvdlinde wrote:Now I have collected some data from 28 and 29 Nov I have played 6620 hands and My C Won was -$2,49, my rake Attrib was $100,49 (Export from Pokercraft and importert in PT4). But I only got bonusses from $35 rake what is a really big difference.

Any rakeback you get probably wouldn't be based off attributed rake so if you want to calculate rakeback then you would need to look at the 'My Currency Rake Contributed' or 'My Currency Rake Share' statistics and which one depends on which method GGPoker uses. It's likely to be contributed since that's what most sites use these days but I don't see any information on their site about that.
mitchelvdlinde wrote:So with a basic calculation winnings prerake - actual winnings I can calculate my rake paid that should be around $110.

mitchelvdlinde wrote:How certain can we be that the rake PT4 says is the correct rake that we pay?

Bear in mind that attributed rake does not include rake that is removed from hands for the Bad Beat Jackpot (see this post). Also the information you download from PokerCraft is in text files and you can open these files with a text editor such as Notepad and compare the information provided by GGPoker in each hand to what PokerTracker 4 records for each hand.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4