Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Unable to install PostgreSQL

Postby socito » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:05 pm

+1, which version should I install?
socito

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:55 am

hawyubin wrote:Hi, I coudln't find the v10 in the link anymore, can anyone help me with this?

socito wrote:+1, which version should I install?

You can download and install PostgreSQL v11 or v12 instead.
Flag_Hippo

Postby 1krazymofo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:14 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Please manually download and install PostgreSQL v10 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.

I've tried this didn't work, also there was no file called "install-postgresql.log" in my temp folder either.
1krazymofo

Postby 1krazymofo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:24 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
hawyubin wrote:Hi, I coudln't find the v10 in the link anymore, can anyone help me with this?

socito wrote:+1, which version should I install?

You can download and install PostgreSQL v11 or v12 instead.

Okay I've managed to download 12, and got the installer open, what parts to I need to check?

PostgreSQL Server
pgAdmin 4
Stack builder
Command Line Tools

because when I did this before, pretty sure there's another load of options from stack builder that I don't know what I need too :L
1krazymofo

Postby 1krazymofo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:36 pm

Would just like to say I have managed to sort it, before I tried postgre v 15 And I guess it doesn't support? So this time I tried v12 as was mentioned in the thread and it workd. :)
1krazymofo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:49 am

PostgreSQL v15 isn't currently supported.
Flag_Hippo

Postby doppiosei83 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:56 am

Ciao a tutti, ho un problema di installazione uguale sul mio secondo pc. Non riesco ad installare postgres sql , quando lo installo mi chiede di fare il setup di stack builder e non so come andare avanti.... ho provato la v15, ma ho capito leggendo qui che non supporta, ho provato la v14 e da lo stesso problema. ora provo la v12, ma credo di aver bisogno di aiuto, step by step....

Translate:

Hi all, I have the same installation problem on my second pc. I can't install postgres sql, when I install it it asks me to do the stack builder setup and I don't know how to go on.... I tried v15, but I understood by reading here that it doesn't support, I tried v14 and from it same problem. now i try v12, but i think i need help, step by step....
doppiosei83

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:21 pm

doppiosei83 wrote:Ciao a tutti, ho un problema di installazione uguale sul mio secondo pc. Non riesco ad installare postgres sql , quando lo installo mi chiede di fare il setup di stack builder e non so come andare avanti.... ho provato la v15, ma ho capito leggendo qui che non supporta, ho provato la v14 e da lo stesso problema. ora provo la v12, ma credo di aver bisogno di aiuto, step by step....

If you have PostgreSQL v15 and/or v14 installed please uninstall them. Next download and install PostgreSQL v12 from here. Leave everything at default and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. At the end of the PostgreSQL install it will say whether it installed successfully or not. If the PostgreSQL v12 install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby doppiosei83 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:09 am

Ok i resolve. Thanks
doppiosei83

Postby youngsimba22 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:29 am

Hello

I have tried to download PostgreSQL 11 and 12 and cant still not connect to database? still getting

Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration
youngsimba22

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4