Filter Facing ONLY 1 Preflop Raise?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter Facing ONLY 1 Preflop Raise?

Postby live4therisk » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:09 am

Hi,

I'd like to filter hands that I am facing 1 Preflop Raiser by position.

I know how to add filter Position of First Raiser, but do not know how we make sure there are no cold calls or raises before the action gets to us.

It should ONLY be 1 raise.

Do you understand?
live4therisk

Re: Filter Facing ONLY 1 Preflop Raise?

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:12 am

To filter for facing exactly a 2bet use Actions and Opportunities > Preflop > Preflop Opportunities > 3Bet (Facing 2bet).
To exclude anyone having called the 2bet before you face it you can add a filter for 'Squeeze Opportunity' on the same page, and then 'NOT' that filter.
WhiteRider

Postby live4therisk » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:38 pm

That was perfect.

What about doing it facing 1 raiser and ONLY 1 caller.

So a squeeze opportunity?

Thanks!
live4therisk

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:54 pm

There isn't really a straightforward way of identifying that as far as I'm aware. Using the Squeeze Opportunity filter will not limit it to only one caller, and the number of callers before an action isn't stored in the database.

If that is something that you really want to dig into it may be possible to work something out using an expression filter in My Reports based on the amount faced as a percentage of the pot (cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_2bet_facing_pct), although there could be a few complications in the calculation there depending on if anyone previously limped or posted blinds out of position, or if the player with the squeeze opportunity is in one of the blind positions.

As an example rough calculation (off the top of my head) if there was an open raise to 3BB and a single call then there would be 7.5BB in the pot and you would "face" 3BB, so I would expect cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_2bet_facing_pct to be (3 / 7.5) * 100 = 40%. (You may need to experiment to see exactly how that works, though.)
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4